Portals Plugin for Unity

• How should the files be structured in the Plugins direction and added to the server.properties file?

you shouldn't have to add anything to the server properties. just make sure the Plugins_Enabled=True. as for the file structure it should be _NewVersion/Plugins/folder for installed plugin.

• you shouldn't have to add anything to the server properties. just make sure the Plugins_Enabled=True. as for the file structure it should be _NewVersion/Plugins/folder for installed plugin.

ok well that was on in the default but I removed that plug in name. Seems It works when I am in GM 1 Not sure what made it work for sure Thanks for the help. It kept me looking and corrected my mistake of putting the file name in plugin VM line. It does crash when i put in the first location name. I will work on this.

So it works nice little routine. Have to clean up some of the portals to nowhere I placed but seems to work.

Is there anyway to change the animation for the portal or any options?

Nice plug in yagiggle. You have been around a long time.

Edited once, last by angriff: added crash issue. Added update on that it works and question on animation. ().

• Can we change the font color of the names? Can we edit the names?

I have disguised the portal's surrounding so it fits the scenario see picture.:)

the portals are what they are, all options are in the portal menu, BTW only admins can place portals so if you hadn't added yourself as a admin then you cannot place them.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • the portals are what they are, all options are in the portal menu, BTW only admins can place portals so if you hadn't added yourself as a admin then you cannot place them.

It is working after a fashion seems to be a delay between uses. It is my server so yes I was an Admin. The question was a possible wish list request that is all.

• It is working after a fashion seems to be a delay between uses. It is my server so yes I was an Admin. The question was a possible wish list request that is all.

All good, ive been busy doing a missive update for my worldprotection plugin, after ive finished that i am planning to add more options to my other plugins including portals, ;-D

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • All good, ive been busy doing a missive update for my worldprotection plugin, after ive finished that i am planning to add more options to my other plugins including portals, ;-D

Did you get the noise from the game Portal? It reminds me of that game. I have not run a server in a few years I will have to get all my programming stuff back up to date for my server. Thanks for this little addition just to get things interesting.

• Did you get the noise from the game Portal? It reminds me of that game. I have not run a server in a few years I will have to get all my programming stuff back up to date for my server. Thanks for this little addition just to get things interesting.

i downloaded the sound file from a site that allows you to use them for non-profit type work, i have no clue where they source them from or who else use's them. btw if you want to see what ive been doing you can always lookup my youtube channel, i post the odd video on there, like this one

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Version 4.4

Added more options under the UI now can select clear portal - clear = no effect so its invisible apart from the text - also added Settings Place entrance and place exit buttons,
    player now exits the portal facing away from the portal in the direction the portal was placed.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi, I'm playing SP and did unzip the archive in the _new version/plugins/portals4.4 folder. Loaded the game in single player and can't seem to be able to get a portal going when I press P or /portals in the console, even when I'm in GM 1 mode. what am I missing ?
    --log from server --

[Java] Load 2 possible plugins from D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins

[Java] LOAD PLUGIN FROM JAR: Portals.jar

[Java] - /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

[Java] - /resources/plugin.yml

[Java] - /resources/plugin.yml.bak

[Java] Plugin portals.Portals (1) main class: class portals.Portals

[Java] Plugin portals.Portals class: class portals.Portals

[Java] Found class: portals.CreateDatabase

[Java] Found class: portals.PortalUI

[Java] Found class: portals.Portals

[Java] ///////////////////////////////////////////////

* Plugin: Portals

* Version:

* Author: Yahgiggle

* Team:

* Description: Portals plugin

* License:

[Java] ADD PLUGIN: Portals 1

[Java] -- PORTALS PLUGIN ENABLED --

[Java] SQLite: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins\PortalsV4.4/0703/database.db

[Java] -- WorldProtection PLUGIN ENABLED --

[Java] SQLite: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins\PortalsV4.4/0703/database.db

[Java] Checking DataBase Version

[Java] DataBase Version is up to date v1

[Java] API: REGISTER LISTENER class portals.Portals

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerCommandEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerKeyEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerDisconnectEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerConnectEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.ui.PlayerUIElementClickEvent

Starting RW Singleplayer Server...

Starting 2 server chunk worker threads...

Starting 1 server water worker threads (update: 0.05, sync: 0.1)...

[NetworkClient] Start channel 0...

::::CONNECT TO SINGLEPLAYER

• The portals keys have been hold down shift + hit p for some time now, You need to also be an Admin to use that or it wont open, sorry i crossed that off in the main post but its the fact you no longer use p to place each portal, you need to click the menu then use both place portal buttons now, But /portals should still work!! you did enter that command into chat right ?. for all players, non admins can only use the teleport option in that panel, but like i said you may not have added yourself as a admin if its not working,

PS ill be removing the /portals command in my next update altogether everything will be in the shift + p menu

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The portals keys have been hold down shift + hit p for some time now, You need to also be an Admin to use that or it wont open, sorry i crossed that off in the main post but its the fact you no longer use p to place each portal, you need to click the menu then use both place portal buttons now, But /portals should still work!! you did enter that command into chat right ?. for all players, non admins can only use the teleport option in that panel, but like i said you may not have added yourself as a admin if its not working,

PS ill be removing the /portals command in my next update altogether everything will be in the shift + p menu

thanks now it's working I was using the console not the chat, in chat the /portals work . It would be good to have some kinda of help to figure out how to set it up for the first time ( some kindof /portalshelp or something like that)

• thanks now it's working I was using the console not the chat, in chat the /portals work . It would be good to have some kinda of help to figure out how to set it up for the first time ( some kindof /portalshelp or something like that)

just start hitting buttons lol the text in chat will let you know what to do and each step as you do it.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Version 4.5

• Whole new UI
    • Removed commands - everything is now done in the UI admins and non admin players both use the leftshift + p keys to open the menu
    • Added option for Admins to turn on or off the Teleport menu for non admin players - if the option is off - non admins cannot see the non admin teleport menu
    • When using the teleport menu to teleport you will now be teleported and rotated facing away from the teleport

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Version 4.6

• When deleting a portal the portal and its text are now fully removed, for all players at the time of deleting it

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!