Posts by R3DROOK

I knew a cat a long time ago which lost an ear because of the radiator fan in a car... darn thing was sleeping in the engine when they turned it on.

But I think that might be going to far for the game lol

Ya, I bet your right. Its a bit of a stretch, but you got to think with your head in the clouds. Problem being sometimes your Ideas get to inflated.

Yes overall I don't really want them. But if they were done, I can figure out a decent idea for it lol

ya same here, I think if the do implement portals they would be smart about it. So am not to worried to be honest.

Here is the original thread about it: biome location

I never figured out the world is infinite thing. I suppose at the north and south poles it would just get so damn cold and barren that the player would not be able to survive for long and have to turn back. Let the cold just keep going, or turn into ocean. Whatever works. :)

The size of biomes will have to be tested. They need to be somewhat large, especially if vehicles will come. I don't want to be in a new biome every few minutes while driving. It would be great if biomes would take like a in game day or two to cross by foot if you didn't stop (of course you would have to stop no doubt.. so a little longer in the end). I could go larger but I doubt many people want it like that lol

am cool with big bioms but I don't want it to be a grid where all the bioms are side by side and the same size
    I think in the end I think the bioms should look like a old school camo pattern

Adding lore into this game could simply be done by adding in scrolls, books, and the things like that so you could learn more of the world you're on. Something random...Mount & Blade style random with how your character was introduced, but with books about why the dungeon ended up the way it did by having the book and the dungeons match each other through conditions.

I think you hit the nail on the head on this actually I think figuring out your worlds history should be some sort of unofficial quest where its up to you to find out what happen and its not pushed in your face

another great video! What do you plan on doing next? maybe a fence around the perimeter of your bunker or something?

Also I noticed you are having a problem getting things where you want them. If you hit G you will go in grid mode and you can change the size of the grid with the - and + buttons witch I think would help you out a bit I think. It makes the Items "stick" to the grid so you can place Items strait every time.

ya I only have a problem with portals if its going to be used as a way to travel long distance

if portals where to implemented it would only be located in the dungeons and would only go to different parts parts in the same dungeon. where it becomes a more of a means to explore the dungeon then it is for traveling to different parts of the dungeons

Portals are something that I would much rather not exist then exist where it upsets the players like your self though.

How big are you picturing biomes in your mind? Maybe in Minecraft specs also? If they're at least the size that it takes a whole night (on horse) to travel then that be awesome. If it takes 30 minutes then I'm fine with that also. Just as long as Rising World is awesome to the very end then I'll be fine. Mods can pick up where Rising World stops because this game so far seems to be higher than where I want it to be, minus the NPC companion part of things.

I think that the sizes should be random but I do think curtain Bioms should not be next to each other for example:

desert biome should not be side by side with a oceans or snow biome

The way I picture your ghost is pretty cool kinda like I thought the ender man was supposed to be where it would follow you and right when you look at you it would turn back into snow but if it got to close to you or you approachedit, it would attack you.

Edit: I would put these portals also in temples and ruins on the surface. Since these all would have monsters in them, the portal room should be clear of monsters. But you still would need to fight your way through the monsters. And this would happen each time since they respawn. Just wanted to mention that stuff.

Thats a good Idea but I think it would only really work on big builds Idk maybe a portal from a temple to an underground dungeon or catacombs?

Biomes should be large enough that people simply can't develop all of it. Especially if there is an equator which means biomes are in strips across the world, instead of in pockets like in Minecraft. I have my fingers crossed for this so much it hurts lol

What do you mean can you explain it a little more

Scythes -> Pushable lawnmowers (without engine working off human energy) -> Pushable motorized lawn-mower -> Ridable lawn-mower (those you see going down streets) -> (Bonus: Farm-able miniature combines for wheat.)

I could defensively see one of those old school lawnmowers and maybe even an motorized one. I dont know though if they would add any rideable lawnmower. They might consider that to high tech.