Posts by icon58

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Okay I know this may of been done to death but... where are the Server commands? I am not talking about the spawning items goto etc. I am talking about being able to restart, kick ban player from the console in game. I do have a list of the normal ones I find in the forums and on Steam but not the ones I mentioned above.

I have pulled the DB and looked at then information but maybe because "I am a PC Tech Jim not a programmer" ^^^^ I cannot make sense of the coordinates? I use DB browser lite to peak in the DB and it has many rows for the coords...

@ ArcticuKitsu Yahgiggy does have that effect on people (it is is life works I believe ^^ )
    What I like about the idea ArcticuKitsu is it would give people something to do between updates.
    I love this game I love playing but a times it gets a bit and going off on a sideline would be great.

Hello All,

I have a player he was playing in the water in creative mode and he died! Crashed the server and now he cannot log in. He can get into my test server, single player but not DAYONE.
    The error message is below. Any thoughts?
    LUA][Zcript] 08/12/17 21:02:52 INSERT INTO `lastlog` (`player_id`, `name`, `ip`, `connect_at`) VALUES (6, 'slinky746', '173.224.242.31', strftime('%s', 'now'));serverPlayerListener -> SurvivalPLAYER PERMISSION: 10RCA 47 -140 MAX BYTES PER MESSAGE EXCEEDED!send rca part (id: 3) offset: 0 len: 64000 (total: 122514)send rca part (id: 3) offset: 64000 len: 58514 (total: 122514)RCA 48 -140 MAX BYTES PER MESSAGE EXCEEDED!send rca part (id: 4) offset: 0 len: 64000 (total: 79180)send rca part (id: 4) offset: 64000 len: 15180 (total: 79180)... (1) ChunkAdditions saved to DB!Server DisconnectMessage

I have been able to make "fake" water falls using Yah giggles World edit addons. You might want to give that a shot. Also on the rivers I will try deep rivers with vlue plaster tonight who know??

Well you could stock up on cloth, skins. water. How cool would it be to have flowing water? The problem being maybe the ponds would dry up and have to be filled up by rain? Just thinking ahead. :P

Not sure if you are doing anything with this or not but..... When I delete a TP point it deletes the point but not the numbering scheme. Any thoughts?

Hello All,

After some one hacked my Server ;( it is up and running again. 8o I apologize for the time being down but I was setting up some add ons I wanted to try.
    So come and check out DAY ONE server and maybe get a fresh start with the new Player model... See you there....

So on my server my very own player data got corrupted. ;( I seen in "cannot connect to particular server and they had they same problem. Red mention they should use Navicat to open the database and remove the player data. I tried using that program but not being any where need being a programmer I could not make heads or tails out of it. ?(?( I used DB Browser lite to open it and delete the row. Wrote back the data and hoped everything would be good, Nope, :( ended up using an older world to get back into my own server. So I was wondering if there was any other out there had any thoughts on a better way of doing this? I did see mention about someone building a add on for it. That would be really cool and many may benefit from it. (hint :D hint)

Hello All,

I noticed a few more things in the server properties I am not sure of. I will list them as I find them.
    Two of them are:
    settings_rcon_forward_commands=true
    settings_rcon_forward_lua=true

I rent the server and do not have access to do updates etc. It is running on a Linux server.
    On the hijack IP i get this message I think this is when it started
    WARNING: Error while sending ping to hive (1): HTTP Error: Bad Gateway [Code:502]
    I could not get into web console to check the game. when this started java.net.BindException: Address already in use.
    When I pinged it I got crazy returns up in the thousands
    On my password I used capital P so that is safe right? :D:D

Hello All,

One thing I really like about Rising World is the type of people it gathers. This game seems to appeal to the "older" more settled into gaming type. I played 3000 hours on Rust and had to put up with script kiddies always hacking the server breaking things it was just the way of life.

Not Rising the world I use to think, the past couple weeks changed my mind. ;(
    For whatever reason, someone has decided that they need to hack my server. The first time they hacked rcon, my bad I had several Admins and I did not change the password. After that, I changed the password on rcon and the server control panel. Today I was hacked again they hijacked my IP and I am not sure why? All I want to do is run a gaming server so people can come and play RW free of charge and hassle. ?(

I am not sure what I did to offend this person ?( but if they are reading this I am sorry. But if I don't know what I did, I cannot fix it. If others think it is not personal, I believe it is. The first time they used rcon called me a lousy admin and a couple other words I do not allow on my server. I was really hoping they would reveal themselves so I could really talk to them but no luck. This should be read as a cautionary tale and hopefully, other servers will not have this issue. Or if they did they can come forward and maybe somehow guard against hacking.

My hosting company is working with me to track down the IP where this originate not sure if they will have any luck though. This was pretty good they were able to get in stop the log and after that who knows?