Posts by icon58

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

A question or two? I am working on my own permission docs myself and no way an expert but I thought you allow items, then denied the ones you don't want people to have? Also not sure what you mean about custom list? I haven't seen the # tag being used this way IE
    creative:
    allow:
    deny:
    - freecrafting
    - edittools
    - npctool
    - nohungerthirst
    - infiniteitems
    - placementtools
    - terraintools

My problem I am having I have my permissions set to invulnerable: true. No errors in my log But, i still die without gm 1. Any thoughts?

Hello,

Just to put in my two cents :D . I download the world and was able to convert it on my windows machine in about ten minutes. I am in the process of getting it uploaded so we will see how it goes from there. Just my own thought could it be it does not like something on the Linux machine? :?: This is the second time I had trouble with my worlds converting ;( and both was on Linux boxes.

Hello All,

Since the last hotfix my server will not come up. the short version of the error is below, I attached the full log. Please advise.

• neighbour is still null for BigHallEntrance
      0 0 total underground dungeons: 344
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 12 6
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 28 11
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 28 57
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 41 44
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 47 55
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 48 9
      0 0 spawn surface dungeon: 56 29
      Worldpart_v32 generated: 0 - 0 (3454ms)
      WORLDPART -12 41 GAMEVERSION 33 WPVERSION 2
      Worldpart_v32 generating...
      Biomepart generating...
      Biomepart (2) generated: -6 - 20 (3ms)
      /home/tcagame/1466/rising_world.sh: line 2: 15201 Killed java $*

Hello,
    Since the update my server is not coming back. Below is the error log. Then it stops the server. please advise

Rising World - 0.8.2.2 - Dedicated ServerLinux 4.10.0-20-generic Java 1.8.0_121 (amd64) Memory: 28631 MB2017/04/29 04:53 AM Start context...Items initialized!Plants initialized!NPCs initialized!Initialize Static Classes...Constructions initialized!Objects initialized!Picking initialized!Food-Definitions initialized!Crafting-Definitions initialized!Record-Definitions initialized!read bytes from resource: 354read bytes from resource: 11417read bytes from resource: 7342read bytes from resource: 5351read bytes from resource: 32120Initializing world (sqlite)LOAD WORLD DAY [ONE]DATABASE TYPE: SQLite/1466/Worlds/DAY [ONE]:::DAY [ONE]CREATE WORLD STRUCTURE - DONE!2017/04/29 04:53 AM x.aINFO: DatabaseTaskManager started with ThreadPoolSize 1WORLDINFO Gamemode: SurvivalGametype set to SurvivalWORLDINFO Seed: 1464316058742WORLDINFO Caves: trueWORLDINFO Vegetations: trueWORLDINFO OreAmount: 3WORLDINFO DisabledNPCs: WORLDINFO DisabledDungeons: WORLDINFO DisabledWaterSources: WORLDINFO Worldtype: NormalWORLDINFOS seed: 1464316058742 type: Normal caves: true vegetations: true oreamount: 3 disablednpc: [] disableddungeons: [] disabledwatersources: []WORLDINFO Time: 18.6.32 7:47:0.83410245set game time from string: 18.6.32 7:47:0.83410245WORLDINFO Creationdate: 1464316058742WORLDINFO Version: 0.8.2.1_34TRIGGER UPDATEWorldconverter: Updating (34) to version (35) 0.8.2.2 ...Creating world backup...FAILED!Worldpart generating...Biomepart generating...Loaded Biomepart from cache: 0 - 0 (3ms)Loaded Worldpart (v2) from cache: 0 - 0 (241ms)Convert to 35...Deleting old cache files...Delete all cache files...Cache files deleted!read bytes from resource: 11417read bytes from resource: 7342read bytes from resource: 5351read bytes from resource: 32120Worldpart_v32 generating...Biomepart generating...Biomepart (2) generated: 0 - 0 (1ms)

Are you login in for the server updates as yourself or anonymous? When I am updating my server it is under anonymous. Not sure if that helps, another thing do you have two step verification on? If so you can see what other computers you are logged into. It is under setting,account manage Steam guard. Also I just remember Red made it "[New] Game runs in offline mode now if Steam authentication fails" wonder if that might have something to do with it?

Most peopleare missing the point of the game, look at the main page of the game.
    "Found your own civilisation, team up with other players, trade with them or fight them.

This is your world, this is Rising World!

If the game Devs took away our ability to chose it would not be "our" world would it?

How about opening window command (as admin) and type in netsh winsock reset, That will clear the network settings if something is stuck.

Are you using Norton's or other antivirus that what you to "Add" network places so you can play? If you are using Norton Stand on one leg spit into the westerly winds as you add the exception and it may may let you in :D:D
    How about doing a hard reset on router??

You can dump the java in control.

Well I finally found metered, it is not under advance as How to geeks mention. Microsoft moved it to Manage know networks, click on the network you want to meter, properties and there the meter setting is. I will see how that goes because even with the windows update services disable it went ahead and updated.

Hello All,

I am running Windows 10 home, in Microsoft infinite wisdom they decide to not give me the choice to shut off windows update. Normally that is not an issue, HOWEVER. When my laptop is connected to a hotspot it is. Since Windows does not tell you they are updating it eats up my hotspot.
    Anyone have an ideas? I am trying a regedit that is suppose to tell me when Windows is downloading so that will help but it would be nice to at least pause it till it finds a wireless connection. Microsoft took away the meter option so I cannot even do that. Any thoughts?

Last reply I seen on the animals walk through fences etc was Sept 2016. I am still having troubles with animals walking through fences. Whether they be blocks, beams, or planks. Does it matter if they are spawn or natural birth? Yes my server is up to date. :) any thoughts?

lot of the rental server use vm. On the internet speed that would depend of course on what else was usingthe internet. I have heard of other using linix boxes for servers because they are more secure.. Myself i find it worth the 20 dollars a month to rent a server.

Hello All,

On February 28th was the last time I was able to keep a screen shot. I have them in there up until that time but no more. The key makes it little camera sound when I press it but when I look in the folder nothing there. Any thoughts?

I was looking through my world parts, is it usual to have file with different dates? I have files dated from 12/30/2016 to 3/5/2017, just wondering. I know they could just be left over files from the updates but with the weirdness my server has been having thought I would check.