Posts by Brash

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Very very often when I launch the game, it crashes before the splash screen on first attempt, but if I relaunch it does fine. I have not mentioned it since it usually works on a relaunch but figured I should submit error reports.

This part sounds like a driver issue:

Failed to create display
    com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: OpenGL 2.0 or higher is required for jMonkeyEngine

However I run this NVidia driver with other OpenGL/Java games without issue (Wurm Online) and as I said, it always works if I just launch a second time. It never crashes inside the game itself.

At this stage I am not sure it makes sense to have separate subforums since there are only one or two English guides, easiest just to look for the "ENGLISH" icon. A few guides are both english AND german which means separate subforums gets even more complicated where to put those. In addition to Meltron's English version of his written guide, there's a few you tube videos made by native english speakers (which is how I learned to play), most notable ones I found:

Very Recent series:

Hmm, my computer is very similar (built 10 years ago for Oblivion). Has win7-64, dualcore cpu (C2D-e6700/2.66ghz ), 4G ram and nvidia GTX650 (was 8800GTX but had to be replaced). I turned settings down for the new update, not sure my FPS but it feels more than 15FPS, and certainly does not feel painful (although if I fly to new area, takes a little bit for the new zones to load). However I play in singleplayer mode and that is likely a lot less strain.

Out of curiosity, do you get the same framerates in singleplayer and multiplayer? Do you know whether they use custom textures? There was a recent changeover to DDS textures I think and some DDS settings might be more demanding than others. It is possible your multiplayer server is putting unusually high load on your system if they have custom textures. You might also experiment on some other servers, just as a test, to see if your experiences are the same with all of them. If framerates are really bad on all of them at least you ruled that out as a factor. Also, because we have old computers, try to make sure there is NOTHING else running in background (no browser/chats/youtube etc) as our poor old CPUs cannot handle as much as the new ones.

edit: I found F3 key so I checked framerates, I also have my config set to "MaxFrames: 30" since 30 FPS is fine with me in most RPGs and I think it might reduce stuttering/spikes a little. Mine seems to stay steady at 30FPS, but I am sure multiplayer is much more demanding, depending maybe too on how many people, how many objects, and any custom textures.

@xdeft - I've had a couple crashes related to running in fullscreen mode, if the game crashes one thing to try at first is opening the file "config.properties" in notepad and change the line "graphic_fullscreen=true" to say "graphic_fullscreen=false"

It may not fix your issue though

If you are asking Windows to update the drivers, they might be checking only the Microsoft drivers included in the Win10 install. I don;t have a setup like yours (my computer is pretty old) but I cannot duplicate the issue even trying 1980x1080, as well as other resplutions between 1280x800 up to 2580x1600. If you are using Windows to update. you might see if a direct download from AMD of September beta drivers for Windows 10 (64-bit) fixes it?
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/be…n10-win8.1-win7-sep25.exe
    If rising world is OpenGL, then microsoft drivers usually only look for directX issues and rarely are updated for OpenGL issues, but the AMD download drivers should include updates for OpenGL games as well as DirectX games.

Otherwise hang tight and I am surethe devs can assist once they get some of the other "patch day" issues fixed :D If you do not want to use a BETA driver then there are other Win10 drivers listed here:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/

Has anyone found any of the new crops: Strawberry, potato, lettuce, broccoli. I found most of the new trees but not the crops (newly generated world). Small issue, English spelling for Rowan is "a" not "e", they are apparently too small for logs but will these have sprouts enabling us to plant them?

On Standalone I get this message:

If I close and restart it says some are corrupted and do I want to check, if I say YES then it checksums but I still end up with missing files message

I restarted several times

** I am trying a reinstall now

Good news, thanks!

I will understand if there is a delay if things do not work out well, I was just wondering how official early next week is.

It sounds -- "official, but flexble" :D

Is the "early next week" based on the fact that those are the final days in September, or based on something Red said that mentioned "early next week" explicitly?

Does "longer than expected" mean early October is becoming a growing likelihood?

To elaborate more on Red51's exlanation, If the exact wording is this:

Could not create window with selected width and height. The error was: <Pixel format not accelerated>

This means it is using generic microsoft windows drivers. These are fine to use for most DirectX games, but do not support most OpenGL games such as Risong World. You cannot use standard Windows Update to update the drivers, because Microsoft will only update to its own directX drivers. You will want to get the latest official display drivers from Intel-NVidia-Radeon (depending who made your graohics card):

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
    RADEON/ATI drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    INTEL onboard drivers:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

As Red51 explained, if this is a laptop with switchable graphics (it has both intel + nvidia/Radeon), there is a special setting in the graphics card control panel to tell it to always use the gaming graphics for JAVA games. If you DON'T use STEAM and update JAVA this might change the path and you might need to update in the graphics card control panel as well. However if you use STEAM then the path should stay consistent.

Example of setting for NVIDIA

Example of setting for ATI/Radeon

except point it to the path for java.exe -- if you use steam: steam/steamapps/common/risingworld/java/bin
    Non-steam is probably either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin or similar, but if you cannot find it there, try going to Windows>Start>Search "java.exe" then right click the file and check Properties/Location

If you are still confused, post again ^_^ I do not know if Rising World uses HS_ERR_PID files like some other JAVA games, but this crash log will probably give us more details to troubleshoot if it exists (usually in the game folder or sometimes on desktop). You can open the file in Notepad then copy paste here the contents.