Posts by ZaCormyr

Interesting idea. But to be honest, I just don't see it happening. Put that energy into a unique history for Rising World where it does not rely on such advanced technology, and isn't pulled straight from a movie. In fact I have a story which I wrote like 15 years ago for a game I wanted to have made. Might just send that to the devs haha Thanks for reminding me!

The snow on the top of mountain - possibly

Animals , like bat and rat - bats and rats might happen at some point I imagine, since there are caves..

Bleed system - possibly

<X that can mean being diseased, or infected - but who knows.. possibly

A warm system - I have a feeling this will come

Seasons - have been mentioned and are wanted badly.. we shall see about this

Pretty much, other than was has been confirmed. We just have to wait and see what is done.

2) other players are immune from getting killed by a gun (in other words, hunting animals with a gun is fine... but no hunting other players).

I don't think that is necessary. I think the devs are leaning more towards giving mode options for servers:

Survival - pvp (both survivals I think will have options for what tech levels are included)
    Survival - pve
    Creative
    Extreme Survival or Stranded as it has been called before but I think another name would be better (simple tech, maybe no farming, predators and monsters more dangerous, and the world is just one biome like snow, desert etc.. so resources are limited to what is found in that biome).

And of course server admins should be able to customize beyond those options to make it just the way they want.

I honestly think it's a mistake not to do something like this.

I would much prefer to sneak into their base at night with just a knife after a week or so of planning etc hehe... :D

And yeah, don't make this Dayz.. or Unturned.. or Rust etc etc etc

Anyways, I'm hoping the environment will be dangerous enough that people will be forced to focus on that instead of just running across the map to bash someone with a club just for the lolz

We will add simple firearms, like muskets and revolver ;)

Really? Crazy! I thought you guys were totally against guns in the game haha For both, there should be a chance it will backfire in your face... hehe Price of using one. ;)

I'm afraid that's true But delivering the scripts with the game (e.g. zipped, which still requires you to unzip the archive) does not help in that case I guess, unless they are preinstalled. But if we are really talking about "kids", at least those who get upset when not everything works instantly, they still don't know the commands to use the AreaProtection script for example, or any other script. And they will probably have problems setting up a dedicated server at all...

Haha you have a point there. I was thinking more for single player. Anyways, it is what it is... can't please everyone I suppose eh

I don't want all scripts included in the game. But some things, IMO, would be good to have built in. Of course the community will be able to go crazy with scripting/modding etc.. But not everyone wants to, or should, mess with getting scripts to work. Even if it's copy and paste a file into a folder. This game, like Minecraft, will draw a lot of kids IMO. Some might be up for some scripting use, but most will just mess things up and get frustrated.. then post how the game sucks etc... lol

;)

Yeah I don't think we can expect total realism haha.. Would be great to have meteor craters on the surface which could have this meteoritic iron. They should be pretty rare though.

Regarding the crystallized iron.. Yeah it doesn't make sense lol. That is part of why I thought of finding ancient ruins underground from different civilizations which could contain different metals to use, technologies to find and of course monsters that moved in (so they would also be a dungeon/lair).

I suggested the antler thing one time, seems it was not liked lol

I hear ya about the wedges. I've mentioned using a hammer and chisel also, as a later stage mining tool for ore (pickaxe for stones).

I tried this COD Online once and it was running fine :)
    I got the account of a friend for trying out ^^
    If you ask me it is like playing Call of duty Modern Warefare with some MW2 maps :) I really enjoyed it. :3
    About the "Pay to Win"... No you actually get all weapons by ingame currency you win through each game. The only thing which is limited are skins, but I usually dont care about my look since i want to play to shoot and not look awesome :P :D

So I hope it will get released :)

Thanks for the description. I like the idea of mixing the maps up. Hope it gets release also, might just try it.

I played COD1 UO last night for the first time in like 6 years haha. It was great! But for some reason I get FPS drops. Runs at 91fps most of the time until the gun fire starts.. then it drops drastically and causes me enough lag that I die instead of having a chance to killing someone. Especially if I'm using a mg also, normally I stick with rifles. Gotta figure this one out.. sigh

@waveshapr It was more to find the original game that strafing was used, or called that in. But yeah the term comes from an aircraft slightly moving sideways back and forth, I suppose generally while firing.

@RobertL Ya know, I don't think I ever tried Alpha Centauri but have meant to for years. Should get that lol. It's sad when the big companies put in less effort then a small dev team. But of course when you're more corporation then a group of people who loving making games... it's all about the money.

Which games before quake? castle wolfenstein 1? can't remember if we could strafe in that game lol. Doom 1? can't remember which of these came first to be honest lol damn beers...

@supershanks had some great lan games of empire earth! sins of a solar empire also. I think i have one crusader kings.. gotta check the box of old games lol.

Yeah I had hopes for Beyond Earth. I guess we shall see what the devs do with it....

Nice work red! yeah I hope this to be a function in game (for creative mode) instead of an outside script like a mod.. if that makes sense. At some point of course, not next update if not possible. Thanks man!

Maybe this could even be useful with in game computers at some point... not sure how.. just planting a seed. ;)

I tried Anno a bit and meant to get back into at some point. No Empire Earth or Medieval Total War? Command and Conquer? I haven't planned SimCity in a LONG time haha. Love the old Age of Empires too. ahh.. gaming memories lol Might want to check out Company of Heroes. It's a good strategy game. Multiplayer can get a little crazy.. I still with singleplayer.

And yeah of course there is Civ. What's wrong with Beyond Earth? I haven't gotten any of the newer ones. Just don't have time in recent years for all these games... even in one genre!