Posts by ZaCormyr

Nice pics dude! Great example of how we could make wood supports. But it wouldn't really be necessary since we won't have that kind of physics in the game... no collapsing.. sigh....

Love the big metal door and the metal crank wheels, and how some of it is flooded with old nasty water.

And yeah, a form of underground dungeon could be old mine shafts like this with their own monsters (undead miners!). Could find old tools to use there and stuff like that. At least these could be partially collapsed and we could have to dig it out to continue following it to see where it leads.

Great stuff!

Now we just gotta get everyone else into these ideas! haha

More interesting mine images:

Collapsed mine

Mine cart example

Mine shaft 1

Mine shaft 2

Old entrance

Old entrance 2

Old entrance 3

Collapsed entrance

Some are for our inspiration of what would could build, some are for the devs... ;)

@red51

Hmm... originally we decided against this behaviour (determine the size of the plank when crafting), since we were afraid that it could be annoying when you maybe craft a stack of the wrong size (26x100cm vs. 27x100cm for example). It could also bloat your inventory when having too many stacks of different sized planks.
    Maybe we can add a way to adapt a constructionelement to the size of an already placed element

Sure people might create the wrong size stuff.. but they will learn fast to do like in actual construction. Measure twice, cut once.

I really like the idea of working on the grid. Setting the grid to what you want (so you know that each grid square is a meter, or foot or whatever. Maybe add an option to change from meter/centimeter to feet/inches. and maybe the mid point of each square side has a dotted line on x and y? so the middle of each square would be represented also?). Figuring out you need say ten 4 meter long boards which are 25 centimeters wide (can we change the thickness of boards? sorry.. haha). Then go and craft what you need and place them. This would really make it interesting for later when you can create blueprints from your builds. 24 boards at 2m length and .25m wide etc.. make it colour coded so you know where each board goes etc.. like instructions for making a shelf you bought or whatever.

Also, you could plan out buildings on paper, or software, before ever starting to build! You could draw it out on a napkin at the cafe! Simple builds... hehe

And of course you could still build freehand like now if you want, just keep that feature in the game for those who like it.

I'm sure that once we have to mine all the stone types and ores, that building and everything else will take much longer to do. Right now we just need to get wood and one type of stone which is everywhere.

For the rest, check this page.

Much more natural then minecraft yeah.

I've been talking about the stone AND ore being in layers because I thought that would be easier to do. But really I would like to find ore veins in and between the stone layers. Like this or this. Could be vertical too. I suppose minecraft kind of does it (for ore anyways, not stone), but it's just too blocky lol.

Maybe I will work on my own graphic to display this idea from hell to the surface, instead of describing it. ;) Will have to get in game and check how many different types of stone there are haha... then find that post, I think from Quezax, which says how tall the world is.

I saw this and just had to share it... just because. Love the little arrow pointing which way to go hehe

If being able to change the current player model is difficult, maybe create a bunch of player models (along with NPCs...) which people can choose from to play with? From there make cosmetic changes with skin color, clothes etc..? Shouldn't be difficult (since you plan a female player model), just time consuming.

Would you guys like that? I personally don't care much about being able to have a totally customized face and all that... it's overrated IMO. This is an area I don't mind sacrifice.