Posts by ZaCormyr

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

haha yeah that might work...

Need something that looks natural but is quick to setup. If it takes 3 hours to collect the materials and 15min to setup, it's worthless IMO. Maybe 15min collecting and 1min setup? For something like a vehicle? Maybe less time?

Some slow to setup camo can exist since it will have some defensive uses etc.., but there should be some quick stuff for sure.

Quezax, can you still get in and out of that tent? :D

Edit:

Hiding everything with a couch is a brilliant idea :D

nice, haven't bothered making that stuff yet hehe

Resurrection slab. Why not craft yourself a tombstone to place somewhere (not the cross or other religious symbol please. something unique to Rising World and has no meaning other than to represent RW)? To make it a challenge, make it so you can only place it on dirt outside. :D

Not sure about a sacrificial slab. Maybe a shrine? Statue?

A sculpture made with wet clay only found in certain biomes which needs to be dried in the sun? Even drying it could be difficult at times since you rely on the sun... :D (I know this is beyond next update.. lol)

To be honest, I would prefer more content in the world, some danger maybe, then getting ores which just make stuff we can already craft. Sure there would be more stuff to mine, but we can mine all day already if we want. Wolves and the threat of hunger would be much more interesting IMO. Water I think will be taking some time yet.

You have a point there Geneo. Yes there is currently the setspawn command but that will be gone come release, or before. The bed thing just represents something I want in the game. Doesn't have to be a bed and sleeping to setspawn.

What about a flag you place to setspawn. Place another flag and it gets rid of the first. Although this would suck if you want to spawn inside your house.. damn flag in the middle of the room. Well it's gotta be some kind of block or item lol...

For the more advanced crafting items, like vehicles, I am hoping you would need to craft a bunch of parts and once you have all of them you can craft the final item (vehicle, weapon, machine etc..). So say for a car, you need to craft four wheels, a frame, the motor, axles, suspension maybe.... that kind of thing. Once you have all those you put them together in a final car recipe.

Horses we can ride are planned I believe, so adding a wooden horse cart would be nice.

I didn't intend the go kart to be just recreational, although it should be fun. I mean why not? Would be foolish to make the vehicles in the game boring... IMO any vehicle in this game has a use other than fun. Like the car you mentioned Geneo, it takes you from A to B. Go kart does the same, but is much more simple to make then a car. And the go kart would be more dangerous then a car, so people would have more motivation to build a car, other than the car just being faster. To make the go kart more useful, maybe have a simple trailer that hooks onto it which you can load with stuff. This would help it replace the horse cart.

All of my suggestions, in any thread, are not intended to push the devs to add them ASAP. The suggestions are for whenever they get to it... when they get to vehicles, I would love for them to think about this idea. Simple as that.

Well with that thinking, why would there be any vehicles? But they are planned. Along with roads etc... I figure this can be the most basic form of vehicle with a motor. I didn't mean for go kart tracks and that is what they are used for, although that would be fun too!

I don't think the devs want this game to be all that serious as you seem to think. Yes it looks fairly realistic with lots of realistic elements in-game already, and planned. But from what I can see, they want a certain amount of silliness in the game also. Maybe I am interpreting things wrong, but I want this game to make me laugh at times. Very few games do that.

So yes, if you risk driving a go kart across the savannah near some lions then you might just get eaten, but it would be damn funny! Or you drive it into the swamp and get stuck in the muck, some alligator grabs you and drags you under the water into a death roll... I would laugh! Especially with your buddies watching at a safe distance in their own go karts! haha! Of course they would have to wait for you now, or go back to get ya hehe

Do you just want to walk or run around everywhere? Only able to go as far as you are willing to run before getting bored and turn back? What do the rest of ya think?

Geneo, check this out https://www.rising-world.net/en/page/more/features.html Seems you are missing some stuff in regards to what the devs plan. But thanks for the thoughts dude. Maybe I am one of the few and the majority want this game to be more serious, the devs should know so they don't piss off most of their community! But hope

Found nothing on camouflage, but I'm sure it has been brought up in some way.

I know it's pretty hard to hide a house built on the surface. So no camo for things like that. But what about for vehicles (maybe camo for cars/trucks is too much, but what about motorcycles and pedal bikes?), tunnel entrances, tents.

Would be great to ride your bike into enemy territory (like in heroes and generals), hide it with some camouflage you brought, do your mission and if you survive come running back to your hiding place to make your escape.

Or hide your underground base secret entrance so if your main entrance is being attacked you can flank the enemy or just make your escape.

And of course camouflage clothing.

Anyways, not much explanation needed here...

We absolutely support modding, and we are willing to provide all required information to modders if they ask for them :) But indeed, as stated by @ZaCormyr and @Nova, you need to keep in mind that (at least bigger mods) will probably break when we release a new update, especially in this very early stage of development.

I like what I read there red! Mods can come but updates that have the same content will still be released. Thank you.

I would like more sapplings than trees, because otherwise I'm afraid that you would run out of trees in an area.
    But I really like the idea of sapplings growing near the stump!

I just think that will create a challenge, you have to manage your forest.. not just chop everything down and have loads of saplings to replant everything and have extra. If there are more saplings, maybe they have another use? Use them like kindling to start fires? Chop the little branches off with a knife so you have a little spear and roast stuff over the fire with it?

Just don't want a chest full of saplings. Too easy.

@red, Any suggestion I make isn't a demand for some change to occur now! haha Just a suggestion. :D

Reporting my findings with saplings. I chopped 5 trees before any saplings dropped, first time 2 dropped, next tree provided another 2 saplings. So out of 7 trees I chopped I got 4 saplings. Of course I could have missed saplings in the tall grass haha. I suppose I should have cleared all grass around each tree before chopping. If these numbers are accurate, then they work for me. Just don't want to have more saplings then trees chopped.

Instead of the saplings spawning when the tree is chopped into log pieces, they could be growing at the base of the tree, attached to the stump. Then you have the realism, the option to go gathering saplings without chopping trees, or you can chop trees but leave the stumps with the samplings there for later. To get a sapling just pick it like a flower, or maybe use an axe or knife on it.

Or you can go crazy and create seeds for each tree type and we have to plant them and for better odds put them in pots and take care of them etc... haha!

In future, everything that you build will be able to be saved in the form of a construction plan. This means that you can rebuild exactly the same building at any time (all you need is the raw materials). As construction plans are valid across the whole game, you can use them for other worlds at any time.

While reading this I had an idea. Personally I think it would be pretty cool if you could say, build a drafting table, sit down at it and draw up construction plans from scratch? Some little in game editor which you can work on the construction plans layer by layer. Once it's done you have the plans in your inventory which you can refer to any time. Gather the required materials and use the plans to build what is on the plans/blueprints.

I could spend hours designing a building this way.

I figure if they want say 23, then they can type in 23 and click craft. I just personally hate clicking and holding while it goes up by one and you want to get to 57 or whatever.. too much zzzzz... lol

Anyways, in the end I will be ok with whatever is done. Do what will give you the lesser of headaches haha

I recently got a suggestion by @StarMeister to change the + and - behaviour, instead of holding the buttons, you can hold shift and press them to set the count to 64 immediately.
    Crafting stacks of 64 items should be really fast (since there is no cooldown or something like that for crafting).

If an option is still required like "craft as many items as possible", we need a good location for the button. If placing next to the regular craft button, users may accidentally click on it =O

+ and - maybe can go up by 5 or 10 instead of 1? So each click it goes up by 5 or 10. Then if you want, hold shift for full stack of 64. Place a clear button that says Max to craft all possible of that item. And also between the + and - maybe add a place to type a specific amount. That would please everyone I believe.