Posts by ArcaneDesmond

When you create a blueprint and make one the system for it seems rather easy and I'm not aiming for a harder way for them to be created. What I came here to suggest is an overhaul to the placement of buildings. Please follow my example to better understand.

Example A: "Placement Mode"
    * Press F1 to access the instructions.
    * Right-click to place but not permanent "Placement Mode."
    * Use the Arrows or Numbers 2,4,6 & 8 to rotate and position the building till you feel comfortable with where it's located.
    * During this the Building should be in "Blueprint Mode" Highlighted in either Red, Blue or Green to indicate the Blueprint is in "Placement Mode."
    * Press "Enter" to Place the building and Finalize "Placement Mode."

Currently you can only place the building and if you make a mistake you can spend nearly 2-3 hours or more tearing the structure down. It is because of this inconvenience that I suggest a "Placement Mode." One other feature that would benefit others is if signs did not carry over. The reason sign should not carry over is because the signs have a problem of popping up randomly requesting text until you remove them all.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Finally Episode 5 comes into play. In this episode we make blueprints of our buildings and move The Tinfoil Chef home to it's new place on the server. Later on I had to tear it down brick by brick because I didn't realize it was on the highway :P Upon further inspection it looks like Vault 34 (I think I got that right) from Fallout New Vegas took over the home! Oh no! Hope you enjoy the video :)

In this video we begin to set up our subscriber specials zone by creating a temporary base till later when we can move our homes from our single player world to this one. We also end up going on an adventure for coal and other minerals. Hope you Enjoy :)

da fuq? its not for real money noob, hence the fake word.

First I ain't no noob to this kind of stuff you're thinking of doing. This same exact notion that you're considering is the first step in creating a monopoly over @red51 and cashing in later after the deal is all said and done. You ever hear of a place called "Mojang?" Yeah, I have and a lot of server punks thought they could force people to pay for modded tools or to join their servers. You know what happened? Microsoft & Mojang blacklisted these servers and their members so they could never play the game in "Online" mode anymore. Don't bring your problems here just because Mojang shut you down, most importantly stop trying to justify with the word "Fake!" A lot of the people that support your agenda might not have a clue what you are up to, but I do. This "Market" is no different than the same monopoly that server leaders thought they could pull on Mojang and get away with it. My advice @red51put a stop to this nonsense before it begins.

As you're talking about primitive tools I would kindly like to ask for durability as a first option or integrated. With new tools, armor and animations coming next I would rather think more along the lines of durability so things don't last forever. We go mining about only one time in the entire game, the rest we can quarry mountains for stone, dirt and coal. Have you ever made a tool out of bone or perhaps even out of stone? Early tools you call primitive are made in fact from shale, limestone and sometimes granite or obsidian shards. All of which that are broken, shaped by campfire and sharpened over a water stone. randomly picking up a rock and saying let's craft a pickaxe or an axe makes me want to facepalm real hard. IRL they break very fast, that's why they were used in making hunting spears not randomly shaping a boulder into pickaxe materials. If you want an IRL experience go make one at home and try it out, let us know how it works for you.

"You're not in Minecraft anymore Toto, Go back to Kansas!"

It doesn't take that much to smelt a load of ore. I can put 250 in the medium or pizza size oven and be done in 2-3 minutes client & server side, still have roughly 200 left over.

im very tempted to start a little fake stock exchange for rising world where people can "buy & sell" stocks of coal, iron, copper, etc. and servers with currency that buy and sell that stuff can base their price off of the exchange rate if they wanted too.
    But just a idea right now with how valuable coal is now becoming.

Do you even bother reading EULA's or do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

sorry to bust your bubble but i got a nvidia GTX 750 and i sometimes get dropped down to 5fps and the highest is get is 60fps so i think there are memory leaks in the client and server because sometimes the cpu and ram on my server hits max then comes back down to normal.

I get asked often about what's wrong with my computer and in all honesty I don't have a clue. Even the geek squad was scratching their heads trying to figure out what was causing it. I walked out of there without having to pay so much as a penny. From what I've been told I should be able to get anywhere from 100 to 150 fps in most of my games and that includes Rising World. Sure I can make a crash log report but it won't do jack squat besides tell you my computer information, hardware and how the game is performing. The best advice I was given was to tell the developers of Ark: Survival Evolved and Rising World that they have a massive memory leak in the game somewhere. That's from the Geek Squad at Best Buy and if that's what they have to say as a diagnosis then that's the issue.

I just went on Freaks R Us the water is Clear, and i made a small pond in my single player world, the water is also clear, I'll inform red if it does it again.

and my video card is AMD HD5670.

Its clearboth Day and Night

My PC has an AMD Radeon HD 8670D with a quad core AMD A10-6700 with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics and 8 Gigs of ram. The only problems I ever have is lag and it's aggravating. I'm willing to bet there's a massive memory leak in the game because most games give me 60-70 fps

Later there will be definitely some hostile mobs in dungeons ;) Unfortunately there are no monsters or new enemies with the first dungeon release (although it's a pity, since dungeons can only reveal their full potential when there are some challenges), since we have to rework the animal behaviour first (and we won't get that done in time for the dungeons release)...

The feature list (the link provided by @YakMe) is indeed a little bit outdated, it only contains the "major features" and it gives no clue when the particular features will be implemented exactly.
    The next "big update" will be dungeons, once they're in the game we will implement the new playermodels and items, then it's our intention to focus on more survival elements (rework recipes, add more challenges etc) :)

Awesome! I'm very much looking forward to this. #HugsForRed Let the updates roll Woohoo! :)

I couldn't help but notice there isn't a bug reporting thread and I would first like to request that such a thread could possibly be added?

As for why I am here, I record Rising World almost on a daily basis using the Xsplit Broadcaster with the game in Fullscreen mode. The bug I am reporting is the cursor does not show up in the recorded episode. For example my latest episode

the cursor is no where to be found in the video. When I'm playing the game I can see the cursor just fine and I've checked all the settings to make sure it's recording the cursor as well and it is. I don't know what to do here perhaps someone else that records with Xsplit knows what's going on, as it's driving me bonkers seeing other people have a cursor in their videos but I don't. Anyone got an answer, please?

I'm fine with that. I seem to have better interactions with people on this forum than anyone on Facebook.

BTW, there's a newer version of Burning Board software that Red mentioned he would update eventually. The new update is supposed to let us save drafts. I wonder if there's an upvote/downvote plugin available? Personally the emoticon response feature of Facebook is about the most useful update they're done in years! IMHO.

What's Burning Board Software? Call me a noob all you want but I do all my gaming, viewing and activities on my computer. (Streaming is the future!)