Posts by PJ Rydecker

OK! after trying to decipher the german example I have finally worked it out.

The Destination id is ALWAYS -1 (whatever name you like) and the id of the entry is ALWAYS the assigned created id of the destination.

Example: you are up to portal ID10 you create a new destination using -1 (portalname) the computer labels this ID11
    Sooo the entry portal will be /createportal 11 (this can be a different name if you like)

Question!

is the portal info always /createportal -1 portal1 exit /createportal 1 portal1 enter
    /createportal -1 portal2 exit /createportal 1 portal2 enter

or should it be /createportal -1 portal1 exit /createportal 1portal1 enter
    /createportal -2 portal2 exit /createportal 2 portal2 enter

Question 2!

Is there a limit to how many portals you can have?
    if you create a portal and then remove it can you use the same location again for a new portal?

Basically the very 1st test portal i made worked very well. but every portal I have tried since has not worked.

Question 3!
    If you create /createportal -1 portal1 exit /createportal 1 portal1 enter/createportal -1 portal2 exit /createportal 1 portal2 enter and then change your mind and remove them, can you use the same details again in new locations?

Any help is much appreciated.

haha.. Well a we have somthing else in common. Were both just getting into this admin stuff. I also newly having a server since like 4 days trying to add a gamemode to the vanilla because i was missing it so bad. But step by step i start getting why i didnt happen till now. Its quiet timeconsuming and tricky. :D

Aah PS: im Swiss

Yes doing the research for scripts is very time consuming so I think I will wait until the new plugin system comes out and learn it then :/

Ahh Swiss eh. I believe swiss people speak diferent languages depending on the region. Are you a french, german or italian speaking swiss person or are you very clever and speak all 3 languages plus english and spanish?

Thank you for your assitance Miwarre.

It was my mistake to say permission file I was referring to the server properties file. however youwere exactly right that the mistake I was making was due to case sensativiity. by default I was typing False not false. Sooo now I have correctly edited the file with pvp=false and it is now working as intended. :thumbsup:

The goto #spawn sends you to your last sleeping point I think. That is certainly what it did when I tested it. Thank you for the location of the server spawn point. I tested it and it seems about right. I walked for a long time from that point before I found the perfect spot for my mountain top castle location. Soooooo I think I will try and move the Spawn point near that. I think the command setspawn lets me to do that although some clarification on whether that works just for me or anyone coming to my server would be nice :)

Thanks again for your assistance. :thumbup:

Para regocija de todos quien hablar en espanol, escribermos en espanol para una oracion, ja ja,
    LOl, however everyone here speaks better english than my spanish. In fact most people speak better english than my english lol.
    "Grazie" for the warm welcome :thumbup:

haha.. Entonces hablamos edpañol! Jaja.
    Lol allthought im really bad at your business "Computer n stuff" i allso have touchpoints. Haha. The spanish (lived one year in Cuba)
    And right now im involved in the development of an analysis and crm Tool for Insurance-Brokers in Switzerland. As freelance consultant. I totaly love to Work with computergeeks :thumbsup: (mine take it as a compliment) beecause if never before worked with a team so passionate about what they do. Haha.

@Rydecker Welcome to the community!! :)

Vale, hablamos en espanol, que es to lengua materna?

He he if only I was a computer geek lol I would earn much more money than I do now lol. I basically spend my time telling people how to use their computers and resolving basic issues like update crashes, viruses and email apps not working. lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome :thumbup:

Hello all.

I have just discovered this game and love it. I am not a minecraft player (to b honest I have never even tried it.) However I love crafting games and games with a strong building element. SWG best crafting system EVER and great city building feature. I was part of the team who were developing The Repopulation (mission/lore writer and NPC designer and populator) until the Hero engin debacle. It also had a brilliant building feature and a good crafting system. If and when they need a writer again I will get involved again. As it stands they seem to be concentraiting on Fragmented which is another servival game but does not have such an accessable building element as this game.

I am based in the UK and have lived and worked in in UK, Spain, Poland and Australia and can speak basic Spanish as well as my native English.

You look like a friendly and helpful community and look forward to being a part of it.

Well that is the introduction over. I look forward to chatting with you all.
    8)

Hmmm new question. I don't want a pvp server so in the server permissions folder I change the pvp enabled line to "false" However when I restart the server the server is still PVP and when I go to the permissions folder it has reverted to pvp enabled true. Now I have definately done it twice and definateluy saved it twice.

I see there is a lua script to turn off pvp. I haven't tried this yet as I have not experimented with lua as I have read that a new system is about to come in. However if I need to do this to remove the pvp status off my server I will.

Also How can I teleport to my server spawn point as I built my castle miles away I need to find the server spawn point to build spawn area notices rules boards etc.

Any assistance gratefully received. 8)

@red51 Thank you sooo much for your help. The links work for me at least the 2nd two do. the 1st one doesn't. They are links to my google photos is that relevent? Odd that on your open ports app it still says that all my ports are closed and I mean every single one, even the regular ones like mail app etc. However the simple step of removing the ip address from the server properties and setting up some dynamic port forwarding seems to have solved the problem. I now have a server called New Asgard <UK> on the list and I even managed to get the world I had started playing on imported as the dedicated server world. Now I just need to get one of my friends to log on and see if it works for them too.

Now I just need to learn how to do all the commandds/scripts etc lol.

Might wait for the new java system to start before I invest too much time in learning lua.

Thanks again for your assistance. I'm sure you have far more important things to do than help some noob get his server started. So I really do appreciate it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have followed steps in the sticky guide to setting up a server on a windows comp. I down loaded the game via steam. got the zip files from the link, unpacked it updated the server properties, opened the required ports on both my vigin media hub to which I use a ethernet connection and my McAfee firewall. and then pressed win_startscript.bat and all seems to go well right untill the end when in the camand line the the message "no http server was found, please check your firewall settings etc :code607. I have tried turning my firewall off entirely and that made no difference.
    Using win 10 by the way.
    I used my comps ip address not the routers ip address which is very different.
    In the spoiler bar are photos of my port fowarding, server properties and the command line. If anyone can see what I have done wrong the help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)