Posts by Xalzia

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

Whenever I want to trade with someone, I have to look at their feet or underneath. Is there some kind of invisible interaction box you look at that is supposed to surround the player? Because if so, it seems that box is way lower than the player (the top of said box is at the feet).

Creation Club just went live. Anyone support it fully, partially support it, or hate it all together?
    If this becomes successful, what do you think other companies will do?
    If it flops over, what then?

Personally I partially suppport it. On one hand you have to pay for mods and thats ridiculous. But on the other hand, only certain mod authors will be making paid mods and they will be higher quality because they have to be in order to be on CC. Whereas before with Steams "idea" of paid mods flopped so bad, the one and only Gabe Newell had to apologize. But this seems to be a refined idea of that, so it might succeed. You still can get good quality mods for free from other sites, but dont expect them to be fully supported, bug free, compatible, or even supported to the end. Which brings me to my next question:

If a mod author on the CC decides to no longer work on a mod, would that mod be removed (i doubt it, we paid for it) when its no longer compatible with future updates? I think if bethesda decided to do this, they should be the ones to continue working on the mod that the mod author abandoned just for compatibility. Even if, hypothetically, a lot of mod authors decided to quit.

I would like the ability to have multiple worlds within 1 save or server. The reason why I decided to put it here was because we already have a hell.
    As to how one would travel to the other realm, there are a few ways i thought of:

If you wanted to have some "lower" realms like hell. There could be potential in having multiple hells, but it doesnt stop there.

What if we had custom creatures like demons down there. (I really want demon creatures to be official though, not just part of a plugin). I don't know about game making, but i have some ideas of how this could be implemented. With the support of a few select custom formats. Formats for things like rigged meshes, animations, sounds (you could use ogg format), etc. The AI for any creature is beyond me. Idk coding, but you could parent a pre-made AI and then tweak it probably?

Also the ability to have a world randomly generate blueprints which are saved within a plugin folder. The generated blueprints would depend on biome and other criteria. (% chance, # per biome, how spread out, etc.)

This may be early but here are some hat ideas I have. I hope some of them end up ingame (especially the fez, fezes are cool :D)

Tricorn hat:
    Cowboy Hat:
    Fez
    Beret
    Some german hat:
    Sombrero:
    Asian Hat:<---This one is like the Nobushi in For Honor
    Turbans:
    For Cold Climates:
    Italy:
    Deerstalker:
    Witches Hat:
    Royal Crown:

and finally for the aliens:

Feel free to add some more ideas.

I know this was already an idea posted along with other ideas, but I want to isolate it and expand upon it.

My idea is simple, have a customizable surface (portrait orientation for banners, landscape for flags).
    I know you can do this with photoshop, paint.net, GIMP, Krita, etc. and then the in game posters, but you can't blueprint posters. Something like this could probably be copied via blueprints. Also this is the biggest advantage over posters.

In my opinion, Medieval Engineers did a good job and so did Minecraft. But when I see those, I see potential. Maybe have some features comparable to games as old as Tony Hawk American Wasteland's Create-A-Graphic (I loved it btw) or as new as For Honor's Emblem Designer. I haven't really played the latter, but the first you are able to move symbols around and change their color, size, and alpha, as well as flip on both axes. This feature would be great in a banner/flag creator.

When I say symbols, I mean symbols. Like vector graphics. Nothing with shading or gradients.

I don't think there should be custom symbols unless they too are blueprintable, since that's the main reason of having banners and flags. I mean you could have it where if i were to blueprint a flag with a custom symbol on the same server or world, it would work fine, but if i were to blueprint it to a different server or world, the flag would just show up as an empty image. Like the red IMAGE MISSING dds file under Misc.

I've been noticing this bug since the first few months i've been playing, but i haven't said anything until now as its not gamebreaking and minor. But I still think I should throw it out there since nobody else has.

Whenever I chop a tree into logs before it hits the ground (haven't tested after it hits the ground yet) rarely some of the logs fall underneath the ground and I only get 1 or 2 logs from the tree. This is more noticeable when I have a large tree farm. This happens both in survival and semi-creative mode.

I tested how often by building a dirt platform above ground, planting trees, waiting, then chopping. I notice anywhere between 2-5% of the time this happens.

Since Rising World is all in one world, maybe have a way to render different min/max heights in certain increments (layers). Of course this would mean more disk space and rendering time. For example, from hell to sky limit in increments of 1 would be the biggest file size and take the most rendering power (not recommended) where as increments of 100 units would be far less disk space and more server friendly.