Posts by Xalzia

It appears you can somehow access other players images?

Not sure how, but when I asked him, he said "I don't know I just placed it" I'm not mad about him taking the images. Just extremely curious and surprised. Now some of the pictures I posted are edited ones from the internet. But the one with strawberries I edited, as in I took a png of them and overlapped them a bunch of times, to a point where its unique and impossible to find that exact image without me sharing it. Or so I thought. Anyways, I would have thought he used the same images as me from the internet (ie. watermelons and lemons) that were barely edited. But then how did he get the strawberries png file?

Is this a bug or some feature which I am too naive of how to accomplish? I know they are supposed to be tied to the player that uploaded them, but is it possible for the images to be tied to more than 1 player?

I am unable to change the weather on the server as I'm not admin. But the post processing=false thing seems to work, although it disables the weather visuals entirely. The sound is still there.

EDIT: I don't know about the weather disabling, because now the weather IS changing. Its just when I joined a server, it was raining. then i exited and changed post processing to false and reentered, still heard what sounded like rain so I just guessed it turned off the visuals. But now, idk. Anyways, I think that did fix it. Mainly because almost every time it rained it would turn red for me. but its not now.

It would be cool to be able to toggle a whitelist and have only certain people be able to come in.

So if this were implemented, a permission would have to be added that enables a group (ie. admin) to override whitelists. [overridewhitelist is a boolean variable]

Of course this applies to everyone that isn't admin or people who don't have that special permission so they override a whitelist.

Or if there were 3+ groups (Default, Admin, and some other group(s) higher or lower than admin) and if a higher privelaged group member sets a whitelist, only people with a higher number can override his/her whitelist
    [overridewhitelist is an integer variable]

For example, if a server were to give donators a higher # for this permission, I was a donator, and I were to toggle on whitelist:
    People allowed:

• Any player in a group which has overridewhitelist as a higher # than my group
    • People who are on the whitelist

People denied:

• People not on whitelist and have a lower # than my group

Side Note: I did repeat myself. But I tend to over clarify because you never know when someone might read a post wrong and interpret it wrong. I've done it a few times.

Here is a greenhouse I made that is modular. It contains 3 blueprints actually. 1 for entrance/front, 1 for back, and 1 for middle section which can be repeated however many times you like.
    It is huge, but not as huge as the ones in real life. You could put trees in here if you wanted to. But anything would work.

Not sure about weather changing instantly, though I don't think the rain is too frequent, I like it :3 as for minimal, maybe it could last a bit longer, maybe they could put in an option to change those settings so everyone can be happy...but I guess there's more important things to work on first, so we will see.

On another note, I noticed you now need sand to make glass, but I can't seem to find sand anywhere near my spawn (I spawned in a forest biome by a huge lake) and I was actually thinking that it would be nice to have sand on lakes shores or something to make it more easy to find sand. Unless there is some other way that I am not aware of...in which case I'll be happy to learn about X3

The instant changing of the weather could either be a bug or server lag for me. But for some reason even when the server responds normally, sometimes it does change instantly.

I will add to your bug report another one I encountered when trying to use a blueprint:

Error occurred during application-update (25)
    java.lang.ClassCastException

Relogged and the issue did not occur again :)

This happens to me once in a while still. Sometimes my game crashes when i try to use a blueprint and then it gives me that error. When I relog it works fine for a while. But then it happens again. From my experience it is happening even after the patch. Haven't tested it in multiplayer though.

It seems that sometimes, but not all the time, when i start to hear rain coming (and thunger too i think), literally everything turns red. I do not know why or how its happening. But this is the second time it has happened. I can't remember what time of day it was in game the first time it happened, but this time (screenshot attached) it was night time.

I have to say this is very interesting! Generelly I don't like cartoon looks, but it is interesting to see this new look, good work! :thumbup: We now need a good toon shader!

Ah yes, a toon shader would be nice. I don't like all the "polygonal" shading with the default shader. I wish it was smoother. Or we could just have a cel-shader

:!: As for how progress is going, I'm not sure how to get texture packs to work without making a backup of the default textures.jar and copying the textures into the primary textures.jar. But so far, that's all I can do. I will upload the textures soon to a file sharing site such as dropbox when I get to a good enough point, and probably a road map of what textures I'm going to replace next. :!:

The night sky was made by n4 at Open game art. I just increased the contrast to make them seem brighter. Even though his license says I don't really have to add him to credits, I'll do that now anyways. But tbh, the night sky seems too much for me, so I might either keep the default in the end or make my own.

I am currently in the process of making simple toon textures. This is just the first revision and my first texture pack for any game. I plan on revising some of the textures. However, I have no means to making it cel shaded nor do I know of a way, so don't ask unless you know how. Anyways I'll update with screenshots and pics. My ultimate plan is not to just simplify textures (via eye dropper and fill bucket) but to also cartoonify textures (via pencil, brush, maybe filters, and other methods). I got this idea from a certain abandoned mod for a certain RPG game.... Anyways, here are some pictures:

Garden of Erana (Made by Cyion, my friend who gave permission as long as I show a before and after) #1 and #2

Farm plot #3 (might revise this for example since I'm OCD...hmmm now there's a good theme for a texture pack)

Environment and Cow #4

The stars were made by n4 at Open Game Art.

Copyright/Attribution Notice:
    Public Domain = ultimate freedom. You don't have to but it would be nice if you include my nick in your credits or whatever.

Once I go through it once and complete every texture, I'll see what textures I can improve. I may change one during the process though.

Texture Roadmap:

• World (Almost Complete)
    • Plants (Almost Complete)
    • Vegetations (Complete imo)
    • Sky (Complete imo)
    • Items (Nearly Done)
    • Objects (Mostly Done)
    • Npc
    • Constructions: (Worked on a few, had to mess around with mip maps, found that super sampling gives better results than the others)

• Woodblocks
      • Woodplanks
      • Loam
      • Tiles
      • Stonetiles
      • Marbletiles
      • Plaster
      • Stone
      • Stonebricks
      • Concrete
      • Concreteplates
      • Reinforced Concrete
      • Asphalt
      • Cobblestone
      • Marble
      • Everything metal
    • Water and Glass (will be last since I want these to look as good as I can, and I want to finish as much as I can before I do this)

Install Instructions (for now anyways):
    1. Download zip
    2. Copy and overwrite Textures folder within Toon.zip into RisingWorld\data\assets\textures.jar

Download V2 Link: HERE (a few more updates to come)
    Download V3 Link:
    Download Final Link:

When I'm all done creating these textures, I will make another pack. Either Dungeon Keeper 2-ish textures (dark and grim), Hell-ish textures (Red grass and blood water?) or sci-fi textures (Half Life theme? Star Trek theme? Star Wars theme?). If any of these sound appealing, just ask either here or conversations. Be aware that one of these 3 will be my 2nd texture pack so even though I will try harder and it will take longer, it won't be hyper-realistic.

If I were you, I would use Krita since it's free AND has a tile feature (Press W key) which you can use to make seamless textures. Oh and paint.net (which is also free btw) has dds support built in. I'm using Krita for the tileable textures, and paint.net for both tileable textures and all the other textures. Krita doesn't have dds support though, so I bring it into paint.net and it works fine.

I just thought of another thing that could be added to this suggestion.
    If blueprints ever do become stackable, maybe we could hold and drag the blueprint and it consumes each blueprint. If this seems gamebreaking maybe limit the size to something like 3-5 blocks cubed.
    You could also make it where it consumes more blueprints depending on the volume and/or # of objects in the saved blueprint. Saving it imo should take only 1 just like it does now. But placing in? It should take more.

For example, 1 blueprint can save any volume/# of objects. But it will take 1 blueprint for every 8x8x8 or 100 objects (just an example)

It would be so cool if we could do some extra stuff with blueprints:

• Building tiled blueprints?
    • Snap Blueprints to grid.
    • Have modular snapping to blueprints.

Some other features

A) Be able to "Hold and Drag" planks and beams in a circle at a set radius.
    B) Rotate blocks 90 degrees YAW axis

• Building tiled blueprints should be easy, as it already can be done without any additional features. The hard part is making it line up on touching parellel edges/faces. I have to start with a high # setl, setp, and setr, and while I'm "transforming" (translate, rotate, and scale) a plank or wood beam, I tend to go down to lower numbers (higher precision) while zooming in. Now it's fine for the first part, but when I want to copy that blueprint (in my case, a design that is 1 block wide and 1 block long and flat) over a bunch of times and I have to fidget with the 3 set commands just to get it almost perfectly aligned (I'm a bit OCD ;) ) you can imagine how long it would take.
    • One solution to this could be the ability to snap blueprints to the grid. Sometimes it won't work perfectly, but sometimes it will (If I make the blueprint fit at least into 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 unit of a blocks length, width, or height). Better than having to fidget it even when its exactly 1 block squared or cubed. If I wanted to snap it to a 1 block wide grid, I would have to put a block in the build. But then I wouldn't be able to rotate it.
    • Another solution could be to have modular snapping to blueprints. This might be tricky, and I don't know for sure how it can be done but I do have some guesses. For example, as long the 2 opposite edges or faces have the same polygons, it could work. Another way to do it would be: Before you save the blueprint, face the side AND polygon that will be the side getting snapped modularly, then save it. When you go to place it in, and when you enable modular snapping, it should snap the face that you Were looking at to the face you ARE looking at. Of course this means there should be a way to change the picture of the blueprint in the journal.

Now that that is over with, let me suggest 2 more things.

A) Turn on Angular Dragging by pressing a key and then holding down and dragging. You can set the radius by + or -
    B) Rotating blocks should work as long as 1) its on the YAW axis and 2) its 90 degrees.

I would like to suggest a way to import/upload custom music in either OGG format or MIDI format or simply an online radio. I also have a few ways this could be implemented:

• Local Music, Jukebox
    • Server Radio,
    • New music player located in either Journal or as a utility, and if a utility new item: music cassette (more iconic for mixtape than a CD)
    • If MIDI, be able to insert it into a piano
    • Or just support custom playlists from radio websites like Pandora without the need to import audio files.

• A jukebox could be added that people could hear only when they are a certain distance or closer to it. The distance, max uploads, and max file size can be set in the permissions file. When you interact with the jukebox, a GUI pops up with a few things to note:
      • One tab to select the music to play. On the left it has categories, and on the right it has the audio in the selected category. On the bottom it has the buttons (from left to right): Shuffle On/Off, Play All/1, Play/Pause, Stop, and Loop (Loops either the 1 song or category depending on the second button)
      • Another tab to import/upload music. This looks similar to the custom image GUI. On the left you have: A category drop-down menu, a filter, a button that says "Upload Audio", a button that says "Delete Audio", and a button that says "Set Category..." On the right you have 2 arrows left and right, and in the middle of those arrows you can either have no image, an icon which is the same for all audio, or the name of the audio file. You'll also have a "Use Audio" button underneath.
    • A server radio that the owner sets up with his/her own audio files. A server can have its own radio stations that users can choose to tune in to or turn off. If a player wants a specific song, they can't upload it but they can request it. The Journal can be the place where you can select the station that you want to tune in to or turn off. Of course, keeping to the idea of a radio, a player can't change the music, and who can change the music of one of the stations is set in the config (Nobody-0, Just Owner-1,Admins-2).
    • The music player can either be just a GUI which everyone starts with in their journal, or a utility that people can craft. If it is a utility, there are a few things that can be done. For example, say you don't want everybody importing music, just certain groups (ie. admins) Then somehow (either through permissions or plugin) only admins can craft the music player or put the music player in their inventory. of course if the owner decides to allow everyone to use the music player, they can either allow them to upload audio with restrictions or not. If a player CAN use a music player, but CAN NOT upload music, how do they play music? Well an item that can hold audio such as a cassette tape, or disc can also be added so that admins can give the item to the player (max seconds OR max number of files per item is set by owner).
    • For the above 3, I was mostly talking about OGG file format, but if its MIDI, there should be a way to make the piano play it. A piano could also have different sounds as well such as an organ, bright, digital sounding, etc. As for the upload method, just left click the piano and a similar menu as mentioned in #1 comes up. It's like a self-playing piano.
    • Finally, server owners can set up an online radio playlist. and have it play in their server similar to #2 but without the need of audio files from either the owner or players.

Some of these are better for singleplayer, while others can be better for multiplayer servers.