Posts by Xalzia

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I'm actually gonna start live streaming either tomorrow or monday. Hopefully I get at least 1 viewer. I have a fast internet connection and a great computer. The only thing I am missing is a good mic right now. But I did buy one and it should deliver by the end of today for me.

This link is my channel. I will also post an update on the forums here an hour or 2 before I actually do start to live stream.

Would anyone here be interested in starting a small community where we share idea's and talk about the game through live streams.

I would! :D

Here is a market stall I made. I tried to make the top part better than my other market stalls.
    You can place pictures in the window frames, and put the price in the empty signs. (What is written on the signs in the photo does not copy over, so they will be blank)

I think this would be awesome. Right now it's extremely difficult to make a modern house look good since I am limited with the options available for things like carpets and wallpaper. It would great to be able to have custom color carpet or wallpaper. This idea could also be great for other things that require a variety of colors such as pixel art.

maybe a bit like in sims 3 where you can use textures and apply a color or use a default one and apply it to the object

Funny you should mention Sims 3, I just started using that for my rough draft houses that I plan on making in Rising World.

Although I don't think the ability to re-apply a texture to an already placed block or plank would be a good idea, at least in survival.

Well you won't have cactus, but there are still beaches.

Maybe we could have a way to toggle the Hell area. Of course we should still have that lava plane or something at that level.

Here are some ideas for the grinder as well as new items which aren't in game:
    Also this list is intended as a "down the road" list.

Gravel >> Sand or Dirt
    Sandstone >> Sand

New Items for Grinder:
    Olives >Grinder> Olive oil (Pick up oil with bucket, and depending on how many olives you put in from the start will determine how full the bucket is)
    Coffea >Harvest> Coffe Beans >Furnace or grill> Roasted Coffee Beans >Grinder> Coffee Grounds

New Objects:
    Drying Rack (Hanging and laying)
    Food Press (maybe place items by hand or have it be a crafting station?)

New Items that would be nice to see these once cooking is being worked on:
    Eggs from chickens
    Milk from cows
    Sugar Beets
    Dried Meat aka Jerky
    Apple Sauce
    Apple juice
    Herbs? Spearmint maybe? subtract the spreading like weeds part ;) . Mint would have different growth meshes per stage.
    Pumpkin pie (The sooner the better :D maybe have it craftable for now temporarily)

Anyways, that's all I can think of for now.

We already have settings like ore density, toggleable forests, what animals we want to spawn, etc. But here are some suggestions I have for tweaking the world before its generated. I know some of these probably aren't possible and some will take so much time that it most likely won't be worth the effort, but I might as well get all of my ideas out there.

• Flatworld Height - Being able to change the height of the ground (minimum being a certain number of units away from the start of hell). This would allow people to build higher without changing the max build height. (ie. setting the ground height to -20)
    • New World type: Islands. This would be cool for servers more than singleplayer. It would be awesome to be somewhat isolated.

• Ability to change the size and frequency (distance between 2 islands) of generated islands.
      • Ability to change variation of island sizes
    • Biome settings
      • Ability to choose what biomes are generated in the world and what are not. (ie. no deserts, or all mountains)
      • Ability to change how often a certain biome is generated.
    • Animal settings
      • Spawn frequency of each animal. (ie. more hostile animals, less passive = Harder gameplay)
      • Being able to change the health of animals would also make the game harder. I wouldn't go with animal specific settings for this, but maybe animal group specific settings (Hostile, Retaliating-Passive, Passive.

I don't think there is a way to set a default group for everyone per area. I wish there was though. I was planning on creating an area within my area that only Friends can walk into. Default group for that specific area being Lockout of course. But if there is a way to change the default group just for my area, I would like to know.

What do you mean by make a new group? How would you give all players "Shopping" permission for instance without adding every player to an area one at a time?? And how would a new "visiting" player also get "Shopping" permission in an otherwise protected area? Looking to try and do a "community chest".

under "AreaProtection/Groups" I guess.

Whenever I play the piano and press t or T, it opens chat. I know I could change the default key, (and I did), but some people might get irritated. This may not be a bug as it was an intentional feature, but i feel like it was overlooked when this feature was implemented.

Here are 2 types of staircases. They are tileable vertically. Just need to rotate them 90 or 180 degrees. You could have multiple floors or just 2 floors. I finally decided to go with a white and red combination. One is compact and 2 are wide. The wide ones are the same, but with 1 difference. a wall on the outer edge.

:!: I placed a single block in center of the wide ones so that you can easily tile it. When you have placed it, you can easily remove the block after. :!:

Royal_Spiral_Stairs_Comp_1484159215.blueprint

Royal_Spiral_Wide_Stairs_1484162191.blueprint

Royal_Spiral_Wide_Stair2_1484162246.blueprint

Click:

Picture this: any door you want with any (realistic) dimensions. No wait, even better, any door, any realistic dimensions, and maybe even any shape.
    How will this be accomplished? How would it work? And what is this about any shape? 8|

First, the basics of door mechanics: Doors swing in 90 degree arcs. Thats all there is to it. I'm pretty sure anyways.

If you change the width of a door, you change the size of the arc. But that 90 degrees remains the same. The height doesn't affect the size of the arc. But to be more realistic (You dont want 6 or 10 block tall doors opening as fast as a 4 block tall door) The overall area of the door could affect the speed at which the door opens and closes.

For realistic dimensions, there has to be a strict and absolute minimum and an arbitrary maximum. The minimum of course for standing doors would be 3 blocks tall and 1 block wide. The maximum could be any size tbh. But a door which is 20 blocks tall and 10 blocks wide does seem a bit overkill. Unless its a castle gate. ;) Then it would have to be thicker, but I wont go into that as I would have to talk about volume instead of area.

How will this work in game?

Just like a plank changes dimensions, so should a door. The door should only ever rotate around the YAW axis. But a plank has a max height and width. So we could do it like that, OR we could have a new object similar to a beam. These new objects could be thought of as 1 long hinge (ppft,we don't need , thats too complicated unless we use a texture of door hinges) We just set the height of the new object and voila. Now we just need to place the planks and beams on the edge of the door.

The possibilities look like this: If I were allowed to go beyond the height of the new object, I could create somewhat round doors or octagon doors. The only limit to this would be our imagination and the texture materials we have available. But the upside would be more detailed doors.
    Now that I talked professionally, I'm just going to ask:
    :!: Now what about sliding doors :?: Where are the sliding doors? I want doors that slide open horizontally as well as vertically. Single doors would work fine. I saw a texture that seemed like a sliding door.

I like the idea of a leash. But what good would having a few animals locked up if you cant breed them? That's why I think animal breeding should be implemented.
    Speaking of pets: Cats and Dogs! ^^ Taming would be a must, but the difficulty of taming would have to be something like Minecraft (would be more difficult with pet food, see below)
    And of course I tried placing blocks as fences after the beams and planks didnt work, but they just walk right through the blocks. And I'm not going to have a 2 or more blocks thick wall around my animals.

If pets ever were added, pet food would add to the survival feel. If you starve your pets, they will die and you will have to tame a new pet. Wild animals don't have hunger, And you would have to craft the pet food. They would only lose hunger while you are online. It would suck having to hop on every hour just to keep your pets fed.
    The pet food should be made out of whatever the animal normally eats irl:

• Cats are carnivores and will only eat meat or pet food made from meat
    • Canines are carnivores and will also only eat meat (Of course my dog loves to eat green beans, so idk) (currently only foxes are in this family)
    • Rabbits will eat vegetables
    • Chickens will eat seeds
    • Sheep will eat grass cut from a sickle
    • Penguins will eat....nevermind, there are no fish in this game.

:thumbsup: