Posts by Minotorious

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Unfortunately a plugin doesn't have access to make such world generation changes.

@red51 maybe some more settings for this could be added to the base game? Or plugins given some access to do auch thing on a world level? (i.e. before the parts are generated)

Nice one thanks for making it takes one more "plugin" off my list :) will tryit once home as i am on vacation atm with only 1-2 times per day wifi access :/

I would recommend using java -jar jarfile.jar ti run it as it is simlwr than your long alternative ;) works both on linux and windows (for Windows please for the love of god use the powershell and not the cmd, i am dying inside :P )

Best non-plugin plugin on RW :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't forget the blueprint texture editor too :P hahaha kidding :)

Quote from red51

What's the issue with using plugins? You basically just have to extract them into the "plugins" folder in your server directory...

I am pretty sure he means the individual settings of plugins. For instance I know my Server Tools plugin is a bit of a hard one to set up with 6-7 different text files for all the features. Thus working on a GUI to kinda simplify it a bit for users. :D

Similarly i am sure there are other plugins a bit harder to set up after extracting them.

When i said fix i meant the split part to be included in the chestToInventory event for instance so that you can stop people from taking things this way.

Not sure about the listeners and i am nowhere close to a pc for the next two weeks to check myself :D

Yeah sorry it has taken me too long and still haven't produced a map tool but as i said above work has happened :(

So to give you all the info in case you want to write something:

1) the files are gunzip compressed that means you need to run a shell (linux/unix only) command gzip -xfvz mapInputFile > decompressedOutFile

2) the map pieces are set in a numbered grid so you know which one goes next to which other. See this thread about how to piece it together: Map image data and file names

3) the map data are from the top left pixel if i am not mistaken and written as RGBA values in bits

Ok I was searching on DB issues and found a thread where they provided a routine to change SQL Lite to MySQL. The discussion indicated that for multiplayer it was better to run My SQL over SQL Lite.

Which other thread? could you provide a link for me to see what was said exactly?

My question is that my Commercial Server runs SQL Lite returns when I query it for DB type. So do I lobby my provider to get me MySQL or is there something I am missing here?

I know Nitrado for example do provide us with a MySQL database by default but ofc we can choose if we use it or not. We had to set it up ourselves else our server used an SQLite one (i.e. the Rising World default)

The main difference between the two is that MySQL supports many concurrent connections while SQLite does not thus MySQL is obviously better suited for multiplayer.

PS: it is "SQLite" not "SQL Lite"

I am surprised that mailing system still works as i haven't updated it in ages :D

Both these functions worked before the UID update and were based on player names so tbh i didn't expect the to work anymore at all :D

yes an attribute can be anything you want so why not a timer too. Though you need to be a bit careful on how you handle it.

oh btw you need to note that items in chests will not remain in them when you blueprint them. So when we download the blueprint we will be able to find the chests but unfortunately they will be empty.

In the future it is planned for blueprints to include items in chests but the feature is not here yet :/

just had a quick run through it, really nice work, love it :D though I couldn't find any chests for hidden treasure in it are there any or should I stop looking? :D

Cool idea will definitely give it a try :)

Just a small note NPCs when added will most likely not be blueprintable thus i would suggest you upload the world on the forum instead of just the blueprint of the maze if you want people to experience the real deal in the future ;)

NPCs have unique IDs and other identifiers so if you wanted you could build an AI for them, a crude way of doing it would be having a timer and checking/setting their position every few seconds

The first problem I see is that there is no NPC raycast to allow you to make them walk around obstacles.

Then ofc there should be methods such as NPCChangePositionEvent, or NPCCollisionEvent to handle things.

Most importantly I think an NPC inventory is missing with proper active slots like they player one, if that is implemented you could then have for example NPCs wielding picks mine for you, or wielding axes chop trees for you etc.

For now I think you can settle for making an NPC follow you or add small interactions when the player hits them :D