Posts by Minotorious

That will depend upon whoever makes the plugin since it will be "community made" and not from the developer. If it is Miwarre then it will most likely use the same database format, if it someone else then you will either need to redefine them all or the plugin developer would have to create a converter for old script databases.

these are probably items you had in your inventory from the previous version of the game and could not be transferred to the new version due to some change in them. Just throw them away there are void items now without any possible use

also, grids could also be shown on bare grounds because block grids have universal coordinates. This would facilitate working with construction elements on bare grounds.

This would indeed be helpful, even though the grid is there atm you cannot see it. What you can do to ease things is place a row of blocks on the ground and then build next to them so you can see the grid on them and extrapolate to your actual location

oh a rented server might have an automatic backup plan on it, you would have to ask the company which owns the server about that though since it will differ from one company to another :/

though i think this was probably a SP world that got deleted but good thought palacost

I am sorry but I don't think there is any way to recover a deleted world :(

As far as I am aware our worlds are only saved locally so even the steam cloud might not be able to save your friend if she deleted it :/

hmmm is the player you are testing with in the default group or in the admin group? Because if you are in the admin group that permission overwrites the default one.

Though the fact that the permission is not recognised from the server start script screenshot you posted is very weird. Can you spawn the Tier 2 workbench by "object workbench2 1" in the console?

maybe @red51 has an idea on why this specific permission is not working, because in theory it should work :/

that was always the case as far as I am aware, the exception was not thrown but you couldn't edit signs placed by others

I actually kinda like the ownership approach that ARK takes. If I join a group then anything I own or make belongs to the group. If I leave, i lose access to anything owned collectively except what is in my inventory

I hate this approach, played it on conan exiles and it was annoying if you wanted to leave a clan to join another and your house was nowhere close to the clan base and you lost it :(

simply use the console commands to spawn the items. N = number you want T = texture you want them in.

item woodplank N T
    item woodbeam N T
    item woodlog N T
    item window1 N T
    item window2 N T
    item window3 N T
    item window4 N T

(the windows could also be named windowA, windowB, windowC, windowD can't recall which one of the two names is the spawn command atm)

@red51 Do we have an ETA for the new version of the plugin API? I would like to have it before the update is fully released to fix some errors that are currently occurring in my plugins (when I load them in Beta 0.9) so that our server doesn't break down :/ I assume there are some changes because the plugins did not throw any errors/exceptions with the previous version of the game.

Second thing, did the blueprint file format change at all with the new version? If yes in what way? Because I will have to update the blueprint texture editor too in that case.

This is one of the many dungeons that are hidden underground, sometimes it so happens that a tower sticks a bit overground and you can spot them :P

If you fly (F2 mode) under the terrain you will see many of them

But then my swings with the stone axe against the rockwall of a mountain didn´t have any effect on it. I turned off flymode with F2 - and then i got stuck in the air

That happened because you probably flew too far ahead of the world generation and the game was still generating/loading parts when you tried to hit the rock, thus nothing happened. Also if you reach the generation limit your character gets stuck and you can only move with F2 mode, once the generation finishes you can also move as normal

Just a heads up for the people who are using my plugins (Portals, ServerTools, etc.).

With the new updated version of the game the plugins are causing a lot of errors (red text in the chat). I will try to update them once the new Java API is available from red51, hopefully during the weekend. So for now just get rid of the .jar file if you don't want the errors appearing and I will upload new working .jar files for you shortly. Thanks :)

Note: Do not delete the databases or the text files they will work as they are with the new version of the plugins.