Posts by bluewind95

Actually, I think a money system would be great. It's simple and intuitive and, I mean, it could totally be disabled if people prefer it.

I'd personally prefer something that isn't pennies and dollars. If we're going to go and be typical, I'd prefer copper - silver - gold.

Oh, no no. He doesn't mean you at all. I've seen the people he's talking about. There's people going around in Steam putting up negative reviews calling the game abandonware and that it's never updated... even though it's very consistently updated. There's people also making topics like "WHY ISN'T THE GAME DONE YET?!?!?!?!?!" and whatnot. Those are the people he means.

Yeah! Don't speak for everyone :P

I'm super hyped, yeah. And sure, every day that I check, I feel a bit sad that it's not there. But in the end, I still have patience. I understand that the development process can be slow and difficult. I mean... it takes large development teams years to finish a game! Red51's already said that he's had to re-write tons of code for this update, and not only that, but he has to wait for freelance animators to finish work and changes (where the true bottleneck lies). So yeah. I still have plenty of patience, despite the hype.

Also... he's still doing better than Square is with Kingdom Hearts 3.

So... usually I play Rising World on my normal laptop (with nvidia 660M graphics card and like 12GB RAM). Obviously I have very little trouble running the game.

However, I discovered the goodness of playing it on my tablet too(Surface tablet with 4gb ram and intel graphics). Sure, the screen is smaller. But the colors are great and the resolution makes everything look extra pretty... which my laptop doesn't have. However... for obvious reasons, it doesn't... quite... run so well. It'll run and all, but it stutters and lags. I'd love to be able to play it properly and I know there's a lot of settings that can vastly improve fps and whatnot. However, I'm not very good with knowing what setting does what and then you have to restart to see the changes for a lot of them (Tooltips would be nice. Red51, please, if you read this, could you sometime add tooltips to all the settings?) and there's also stuff in the config file that'll help too.

So... could anyone please help me find settings that'd optimize my experience on this beautiful tablet?

Thank you for your time :)

I dunno, I think 5 months is actually kinda "soon" in game development time! Sure beats Stardew Valley, where "multiplayer is coming soon" became "wait two years. oh, and we still had a delay".

I'm not entirely sure what I think of this. On the one hand, it's wonderful for the users that are selling their mods in the first place and it allows them to turn a hobby into a source of income. They're also likely getting proper access to the API and that'll translate into less strange bugs and more possibilities. And, with support from the developer, the mods have to be high quality (the developer's name is on the line too) and easy to install. Not everyone finds mods easy(or safe) to install, so this already allows for a greater user base. They're likely not going to be expensive, and a small premium is not too bad a cost to ensure that at the very least, the mod won't break your game.

On the other hand, yeah, it's paying for something that you're not guaranteed to enjoy. In traditional mods, you try it, and delete it if you don't like it. No risk (except maybe to your save files). Now, that's a risk you also take when buying the game in the first place. But it's at least a full game, and you can also gift/sell it if you don't like it. It's something you expect to risk on. A small add-on by a third party isn't something you expect to risk on. Oftentimes mod developers may have really great and creative ideas, but not necessarily the experience/skill to pull it off in the same way a proper developer would. And you just can't tell until you try. And developers of major quality mods already get money from them, via either donations or those sites that give you money when people click on your link. Microtransactions are dangerous for people's bank accounts because the amount looks so small that you don't quite add up in your head what you're *actually* paying.

So yeah... I dunno. I guess in the end it boils down to how good the mod developer base is vs how much the user base is willing to break their bank account.