Posts by bluewind95

Geduld ist wichtig. Ich habe RW einem Freund gezeigt. Er denkt, es ist beeindruckend, besonders so früh. Wenn das nächste Update ankommt, wird es noch besser. Ich möchte eine positive Bewertung schreiben. Das wird ein wenig helfen, denke ich.

I, too, am guilty of the same. And when nothing's said here, I also check the Steam discussion. And I'm also playing RW and writing a little in-character journal of this particular game, documenting my faceless character's life as a cave dweller. It's been fun and, well, it'll be an interesting kind of read later, when more content comes in and I go and look back at what was already possible even now.

I never said Pixelmon was stealing something. Only that it's the victim of those that actually do steal (like ARK, maybe? I can't comment on ARK, since I'm unfamiliar with it). Because if every person respected others' properties in the first place, the laws that eventually led to Pixelmon's untimely and sad demise wouldn't need to exist in the way they do.

I do think we need better copyright laws, but that's another topic entirely.

I'd rather they take their time and do it right than rush it like they're apparently doing with the Ultra Sun and Moon games. But yeah... I'm afraid that they are, indeed, forced to shut down things like Pixelmon. :( Blame the people who are truly at fault here, which are the thieves that caused all these laws to be enacted in the first place. If all people respected other people's properties, then we could have things like Pixelmon and many other really cool things that we have had to lose instead. Nintendo may be the one pulling the plug here, but they're not really to be blamed for the fact that this had to be done in the first place. Here's hoping the Switch RPG will be a good one and not just more of the Coliseum games.

as sad as it made me for the people who loved the mod, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo really had no choice. I used to read a really neat webcomic (that I really should get back to, but I digress), and the owner of it was (and likely still is) very, very defensive with all the copyright. He explained that it wasn't personal, or greed or anything like that. He was just required to defend his copyrights or lose them, and if he lost them, then anyone would be able to use his creations and profit from them and that was, of course, not acceptable. Yeah, Pixelmon wasn't profiting from their work, but because there are people in the world who steal copyrights, that's why we can't have good things. Like Pixelmon and countless other things that big companies have taken down. ||

The only thing pixelmon could really do at this point is redo the assets so they're not the characters from Nintendo. It'd be a lot of work and it wouldn't be the same, but at least it'd be close. :/