Posts by Stager83

For some reason I cannot get this to work. It is a fresh installation so no importing from the lua script. I just dropped the /ap folder into the plugins folder, restarted and nothing comes up in game. I see no other dependencies for the plugin so not sure what to do.

Just an update. I have managed to update the command mentioned above it took some deeper learning of LinuxGSM :D
    I will report if there are any more memory issues over the next 24 hours, hold thumbs!!

I hope looking at the below will help :D @red51

I have looked at the errorlogs which have now started producing and they indeed confirm that Linuxgsm is only starting up with 2GB ram as per the command. Error below.

All the linuxgsm .sh files I go through reference memory as a variable for example {MEMORY}. The actual linuxgsm startup file I have attached a screen of with it's formula that I tried editing to start with 8gb instead.

I have also attached the allocation in server.prop

ERROR ------------------------------ BELOW

Rising World - 0.9.5.4 - Dedicated Server
    Linux 4.15.0-46-generic Java 1.8.0_191 (amd64) Memory: 1908 MB
    2019/03/24 01:55 AM
    at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.grow(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:118)
    at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.ensureCapacity(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:93)
    at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:153)
    at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.deflate(DeflaterOutputStream.java:253)
    at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.write(DeflaterOutputStream.java:211)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPOutputStream.write(GZIPOutputStream.java:145)
    at java.io.FilterOutputStream.write(FilterOutputStream.java:97)
    at commons.util.Utils$ByteUtils.compress(SourceFile:1700)
    at commons.world.j.a(SourceFile:540)
    at commons.world.j$$Lambda$34/1602210015.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hi Juggernaught

Yes my server admin presumed it was a memory issue. We have tried 10Gb, 4Gb etc but nothing seems to be working the server itself has 32gb so I tried the allocation memory on 16348 even but yet it struggles so I am now certain that it is not the allocated memory but perhaps rather a memory leak from some plugin maybe.

Right so we were hosted with zaphosting at one point that automatically installed rising world. After experience some ram memory issues (Which I presume is a plugin not dumping memory) I moved over to an OVH gaming dedicated server.
    The server is getting extra lag which makes no sense with such a powerful server on a very fast network.
    There is also very little documentation on how these issues can be resolved and ofcourse there is no error reports anywhere.

In addition the dreaded 10% loading issue is here.

It would be great if someone was able to assist. We are even willing to pay for their time but cannot continue shooting in the dark :(

So I have the following error crashing the server. This started after trying to change the color of a players horse using the new options with editnpc. I wonder if the ABM plugin has a conflict with the new editnpc functionality? :S:S:S

RW SERVER: Fatal error occurred!
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.risingworld.api.World.spawnNpc(SLnet/risingworld/api/utils/Vector3f;Lnet/risingworld/api/utils/Quaternion;)Lnet/risingworld/api/objects/Npc;
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.spawnAnimal(AnimalBreedMaster.java:1116)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.giveBirth(AnimalBreedMaster.java:1099)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.updatePregnancyProgress(AnimalBreedMaster.java:1077)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.executeForEachPlayer(AnimalBreedMaster.java:483)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.timerTask(AnimalBreedMaster.java:389)
    at pluginapi.PluginTimerManager.update(SourceFile:73)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.update(SourceFile:303)
    at server.Main.update(SourceFile:286)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:324)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:133)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I stopped playing Minecraft when they starting updating everything and recreating the game itself (thanks, Microsoft). Minecraft was a game that was amazing in its simplicity, and I know I'm not the only one who holds that belief. Rising World can totally do something like this, though, since it's a game that's fun to play because of its detail and realistic style. Hostile NPCs would be an amazing addition!

Agreed. I wonder what Hytale will hold as Minecraft itself seems to be taking a downward turn in general. That being said a comparison between the two games is impossible as it strains my eyes going from the awesome graphics of Rising World back to blocky games, even when you have shaders on :D