Posts by Graysilk13

Nice moon new phase in game.

More transparent rain is also nice.

I gotta learn how to aim this thing and make it stay aimed when I shoot

Same for the cross bow got the cow totally by accident. (not a shooter gamer ;) )

Repeat of the circle and canoe shapes in game, made by using the Size x y z command because it is world shaking. We can now make our own shapes. Use the log and the size command. I guessed 12, 3, 1 and got a canoe -see top of the screen shot. Use 16 1 16 for the biggest circle allowed at this time. We can go all kind of shapes I think.

You're welcome. More fun than I have had on a game in a long time. So far the most fun was discovering how to make circle, sizes from 1x1x1 to 16x1 is fantastic, used the size x y z command to get that - using logs. I think that is going to open up so many neat designs.
    And trying to figure out how to aim the gun and xbow. And the clothing has some really 'odd' mix and match outfits :).
    The rain more transparent looks really good. And moon phases another great touch. So much to discover I think.
    Great job.

We can make circles (and other things) using the SIZE X Y Z command. I made circles using the LOGS. Size appears to be 1x1x1 up to 16 x 1.
    At the top of this screen shop is a shape resembling a canoe. I made the canoe using the size 12 3 1 command. Gives the 12L x 3 wide by 1 deep.
    Using this command is going to be a blast to experiment with.

All of my crafting stations that require an image are not working correctly ie: workbenches, loom, blockbench, anvil.
    This is for the pre-date versions AND the new ones also that I made as checks.
    The window for the stations open, the left side is frozen in the first window, the right side has a huge black square over the image. Neither can be opened or moved or clicked on. Except that I did manage to open the blockbench on 2 different occassions and both times immediately crashed with several diff. error messages. Then I stopped trying opening them.

The non-image requiring benches work fine, except the grinder. The grinder will not grind although it turns.

The spinning wheel, both old and new, work.
    The furnace, both old and new, work fine. (i like being able to just swipe the entire shelf to empty it)
    The printing press works fine, for making rags at least.

My system is an Alien, water cooled/ i7 /win10/ Nvidea 970 gtx/ 1tb. / 20 Gram

EDIT: last update did the trick. The crafting stations now open the proper way.

Question: is the Workbench II now redundant? All of the recipes on it, including the station itself, are now inside our inventory crafting tab?

The Animal breeding is not an original part of the game, it is a plug in developed by someone else.
    If you explained exactly what you did, perhaps we could tell you whats missing?

As you fed the animals, you should see progress reports on the screen showing you when the animal is 'ready to breed'. Then feed the other animal, and it too will show progress reports on the screen and after about 5 feedings, it will show the animal is pregnant. Then there will be a countdown on screen showing the percentage as it progresses. The last time I bred animals - it took about 2 hours to reproduce.

You have to feed them their specific food only. Pigs eat corn, cows eat carrots. Each type eat diff. food.

As to the cages: I found that digging down a little and lining the hole with blocks, then putting up the 2x4 grates around the area, worked well.

There are people on one of my servers, Serenity, that have entire zoos of every animal. Also, some used wood planks to build it. some used log fences. Some made tiny cages for them, some huge.

There are no major bugs in the Animal plug in, except the naming process. You have to have a piece of paper on you to do it. And you have to log out and back in every time you name a diff. animal. At least the last time I did it that is.

Animal breeding has been working well for months, it takes time, and patience. Try again and take it slowly. Good luck.

PS the next update is scheduled for today. This is not a game, it is Alpha, and therefore will be incomplete until the dev. says it is done.

Just a reminder to all from Artisian's Realm:
    there are now only ONE full build space and ONE sculpture build space open.

So, any member of AR that wishes to enter the Holiday competition needs to come on in and check out the site. (Looking great.)

Time is getting short, less than 2 weeks left.

Only a few hours till we see what we get. Wish I knew if it is going to be the full update? But, we will find out....patience I tell myself. Just Patience now :)

Zfox you are totally off the mark. A voxel is not 'simply a point..." it is an enity with 24 manipulatible points.

I am not referring in any way to MC as I know nothing of the game. And it does obviously not use VOXELS it uses pixels. Two totally different enities.

We have been requested not to railroad this thread so I will not post here again on this thread.

Comparing MC to RW is apples to oranges, imo, as MC is pixel based, the other voxels, which have more flexibility and creative possibilities for building styles. MC is a solid game, well liked by many apparently, but MC and RW seem to me to be similar only in that you build in them.

ME, is a game world I have not explored since I first bought the game and checked it out. My opinion then was that RW had more lead time' and I would need to go back to MC and check it out later. I can't fairly give an opinion of it at this time.

I agree that actual game play is the important thing. I have never really seen the need to people a building world with mobs and dueling, but that is the overall system for them at this time. (I go to EQ, SW, etc for raiding, pvp, dueling and such.)

I play RW to build, so that is the main aspect of my interest. RW has great flora and fauna, important aspects of a living breathing world and RW has beautiful graphics and good animation for the animal life. RW has a fantastic weather system, wonderful storms and sunset/sunrises. Love the fogs. RW is working on the water dynamics, and mounts.

Building in a living world is a more enjoyable way to build and create, and RW is doing that every day.

Apparently so, so many neat things to do and so many surprizes when plugins or scripts interfere with the core game.

Well its alpha. Everyone is learning.

Sorry I'm late in reply. What I mean on the area clear command is this:

You build a huge tower and when you get it done, you discover that it is not what you want, it is not the right height, or the mat's aren't giving you the effect you wanted with your lighting. It just is not right (even though the small test version looked pretty good).

So you cast your area clear command, which draws a large adjustable box around the huge tower (looks like the blueprint box), and when you have it all boxed in, hit enter.
    Poof!. The huge tower is gone. All the blocks placed back in your inventory.
    No taking it apart block by block by block.

Of course we would then need an inventory that could hold more than 32 items or we'd buried up to our neck in a huge pile of blocks :).

I've just described the area clear command from Landmark, I do this because it and RW were/are voxel based games.

I've got a feeling that this one needs to be an RW incorporated game command, not a plug-in, as it involves greatly expanded inventory transfer.

On my wishlist. ^^

I think I would say that full protections shouldn't have to be a part of the game, but there are always trolls/spoilers who can't resist destroying things. And absolutely agree with you. I'd rather try to piece the multiple parts together instead of losing the whole dang build :)

I'm not really afraid of losing any builds through normal updates and all, as Red is converting our worlds and etc. However, I have seen builds lost through 'glitches'/crashes/you name it. It happens.
    And didn't Red say that when it came time for the final launch he was not sure that that could be done without doing a wipe? I have never yet seen an alpha/beta go to launch without a final wipe, but then Red does have his own way of doing things. So, I make me happy by blueprinting and saving them off the computer, just in case. And keep my fingers crossed on no wipe.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I will ask admin for more clarification as to if he has modified it. He is an amazing programmer imo, also very hard to catch due his workload. I keep my question for the admin. and they usually know whats going on and can answer most questions. I also can find answers on RW and various chats.

It is not essential that I know but,I'm curious. I want to know what the game i'm involved in can do, and why.
    As said, I'm not a programmer, so don't need a full and detailed explanation, just enough to understand what's happening, and a bit of why.

I have been aware that the area protection was a script (wasn't sure if plug in or script) and not part of the core game. But, I wondered why dynamite and bp's could affect claims-if they were protected. And it makes sense that the terrain tools could also be made to destroy too, although it seems that "their" tools should not work on your claim, unless you've 'added them as friend' to the site.

As to Red's plans, I do hope that he includes full protection before launch.
    Anyone building on a survival/creativel world would appreciate that. It's a shame to spend a lot of game time working on your claim just to have some troll decide to dynamite Grand Canyon into the middle of your build. Or drop a house on it.

As the worlds progress and the builds keep evolving, it is a builders desire to protect their builds from wanton destruction. Yes, bps are a good safeguard. But, my one build is too big for1 bp. It takes 4 for the perimeter and 2 more for the central area. Then so far, about 5 for each structure inside. Like putting a jigsaw puzzle back together :) Its all the terraforming that would be a big pita.

I've watched the dashboard on the site and am aware of the populations of the different servers, and have a fair idea of the rules and play of several of them. Amazing work has been put into so many of them.

It seems to me that the only servers allowing me to use the games full Creative Mode abilities are the single servers: that gets lonesome.
    However, without the terrain tools it is a very tedious proposal to terraform. Without the placement tool, it is not as bad as the terrain tool ban, but still it makes landscaping the finished site a real pleasure.
    I've been looking for info on this and ran across this conversation:

"

Minotorious Jun 25 @ 9:06pm
    depends, in our server (Artisan's Realm) we allow parts of the creative mode, e.g. free crafting, 1hit mining/chopping, fly mode. The terrain tools F5, F6 are restricted in most servers because they do no obey the areaprotection script thus people could go around destroying other people's builds.

Evelevine Jun 25 @ 9:33pm
    Terrain tools are whats most heplful, dang it. They should fix that somehow so it wont interfere with area protect. Ive been to your server, I got eaten by a tiger :( You guys have some great builds on there though, from what I did see.

Minotorious Jun 26 @ 11:27am
    hahaha yeah they kinda are the most helpful ones, I think the java API includes these terrain alterations in the PlayerWorldEditEvents thus the new areaprotection plugin will be able to cancel them.

Feel free to come by anytime if you want, unfortunately gm 1 mode is only available to our players after they claim an area so before that you have to bear with survival mode for a bit :)
    Last edited by Minotorious; Jun 26 @ 11:28am "

@Minotorious This is an from older thread as you can see, but you give me more info than I had, as to why full creative seems to be only on single servers.

Will you explain this a little more to me? Do you know if the area protection scrip is an original part of RW or a player/dev addon?

If not an original part of game, have you any idea, or heard, if Red51 will be integrating a similar plan into the game? This I haven't been able to find out either.

Do you know if the areaprotection scrip has been updated to allow the script to work, to keep site destruction from happening?

Whatever info. you can give will be greatly appreciated. I love building and hope to be able to enjoy the full benefits of this great game world. But doing my own terra-forming and landscaping without it taking hours of work before I can actually build is a something I'd like to see changed if possible. Meanwhile, single servers get lonesome.