Posts by sharkbitefischer

since I posted my last observation I decided to check on my steam IP tonight and there was no change tonight. The IP was wrong. This was different from the last few nights so I decided to fool with the settings again and with a setting of

server_query_ip=0

My GTX server shows the correct IP in steam server master list, steam favorites list and game master server list and game favorites list. Connectivity from steam server list has returned with the correct IP address too.

I did notice that artisans server, witch is a nitrodo server, is not showing at all at this time.

another observation. During the day for me, at about 10 or 11 in the morning my server starts broadcasting the wrong IP in steam and about 10 PM at night my time it starts broadcasting the correct IP address. I live in the mountain standard time zone. I believe I am either -7 or -8 hrs off from your time in Germany. Don't know if this makes a difference but if something is being done during those hrs that is not during the night time, you may have a part of it solved. If I am bothering you I will stop giving reports but this is an interesting cycle I am seeing "every" day. Is anybody else seeing this? I have been seeing this pattern for the past 2 or 3 days.

This is also the pattern I was noticing with the ddos attacks. The time frame when they were happening.

red51 just an observation. We did not have problems with the ddos attacks until we added pear to pear and now since we have moved to the steam server we have this problem. can we ditch pear to pear and go back to your master server and it might stabilize everything? It is just a thought and nothing more.

Then again that could be a big mess since everybody has changed over to the uid for identification and then there are those that have changed there names. This might not be the best action either. I wish I could help red51 but I don't know how.

Ok the nitrodo and the gtx servers are showing and the steam IP addresses are wrong for both and the game ip addresses are correct. Are we supposed to see what settings will correct the error in steam ips showing or should we Waite for you to do some more tweeking on the system? At least you got them showing the same now :)

Just added command to remove the setted mark.
    Its totally to measure the distance between two points (see description).

I do not experience the issue with the tab button ?( Probably you are using some other plugins which interfere with this one?

ok the tab issue seems to be related to lag. Thank you for fixing this. I think my people will realy like this.

just tested this and the remove mark command works good but now it is not giveing out measurements it gives 0.0 for all distances.

ok I have gotten tired of resetting my server_query_ip= so I have been leaving it blank for a few days and now my IP in steam list is wrong again but ingame lists are correct this morning. also when the ip address is wrong it will not join the game from the steam menu. It used to connect but has recently stopped being able to connect from the steam lists when the ip is wrong.

ok this is the example area protection and not the area protection 3.0 in the area protection 3.0 you may set a sub claim as a regular player with /makemyarea areaname after using the areaselection tool /selectarea and selecting an area and standing inside the area selected. If you want this feature install areaprotection 3.0 that is in another thread.

the patch made it so that only admins can use the /createarea command thus rendering anyone else unable to create areas. But anyway the selfcreating subareas part was buggy from the beginning, no player could ever create a subarea inside his own area in the time I have been playing the game, maybe before my time it used to work and an update of some sort broke it :/

there was a correction to the make area command I made a mistake. please pay attention.

i believe this has been patched to not work anymore in the official area protection 3.0 script

I know they are supposed to be able to add people to different access groups once they have there claim but I think they are supposed to be able to make sub claims. what was fixed was a regular player may use the selection tool for the initial claim but when going to createarea it won't work for them until they have a claim and then only inside of it may they set a sub claim. I could be wrong but this is the way I understand it. Before a regular player could set a claim themselves but they fixed that. I will get 1 of my people to test this and get back to ya'll.

I like the way this works but 2 suggestions. It needs a way to turn off the mark once you are finished and how about adding a command like /measure x,y,z:x,y,z so we can manually add the coordinates we want to measure.

also when I set a mark and measure it. then I log out to get rid of the mark. when I log back in and press my tab button to see who is on, everything freezes, it seems. The tab screen doesn't go away and I had to hard boot my computer to get controle again.

this happened on both my single player and my multiplayer server that is rented. had to remove for this reason. If this can be fixed I would love to reinstall the updated version. I think this could be a valuable tool.

cool but I do agree that

/home set [x] [y] [z]set your home point to the position (x;y;z)

is a security risk and can be used to break into other player's properties. same for waypoints, they can be set without the owner's knowledge and used to break in when the owner's are not around and that is why I asked for the ability to turn the way points off. The home point can be done the same but is less likely to happen if it is the only tp point you have. I encourage exploration on my server and feel that providing the home point is needed and worth the risk but I don't want to give them more then the 1 point. but I do realise that others might want to allow it, so I ask for a way to turn it off please. :)

just had another idea. since you do not wish to continue your projects you might release the sorce codes to them so other's may continue after you DC your support. Maybe 1 of the other programmers would like to pick up where you left off.

I will not complain about him making this plugin if he actively is working on this cause gps has some problems rt now and we need an update or a replacement for it. The red errors that gps is throughing is a little bothersome at least and if he can get this working without errors it will be worth it.

Well, unfortunately the Steam server browser isn't always reliable, and since Steam only uses UDP to query servers (and there is always a chance that UDP messages get lost), it's possible that certain servers sometimes disappear for no apparent reason (refreshing the list usually does the trick).
    Sometimes it's also helpful to reduce the "Max pings / minute" for the server browser. To do that, go to your Steam Settings (Steam -> Settings) to the "In-Game" tab and reduce the "In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute" value (500 or 1000 seems to be a good value) ^^

well it wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't for the fact that "no server" showed at all, even the in game lists were blank. That is what spooked me. Not a 1 sever was showing at all until I stopped my download. But I discovered the problem and it was the operator not the machine this time.