Posts by sharkbitefischer

I am trying your plugin on single player. It seems to be working.

1-I remember something being said about it being able to read the area protection data base? Do I just move the data base into the world protection folder?

2-Also when you turn off the auto protection then you can set the areas by hand like the old way? also what are the commands to create the area by hand?

3-It would also be nice to have a text file in the zip folder giving instructions and the command list in it.

4-I also need it to read the old data from areaprotection for me to be able to use this on my server, there are just to many claims to have to reset them all.

5-also do we have different groups like in area protection restricting access to different objects or does this just protect land plants and blocks and we use object and furnace protection for the other stuff? and if we don't use the other protections , how do we allow access to just 1 chest or door or crafting table or furnace to others like in object and furnace protection?

6-also when you turn off the auto claiming does it stay off and is it for everybody?

7-also can this be made to work with multiple worlds? It would be nice for private servers that have more then 1 world they switch between to not have the protected areas from the previous world show up.

8-and the plug in is still showing a lot of red errors on startup in the chat window.

9-and I agree with Sneaky_Koala that we need a /showareas and a /hideareas function to be able to see where other claims are even if you are using the auto claim function. Especially on large servers.

10-some of my claims go all the way to hell and reach to the building limit in the sky. How hard is it to set such a claim that is like 180x1200x180 blocks?

11- On a survival server, with economy intended in the near future, where land becomes a commodity and the admins are basically real estate agents, removing credits from the system, manual commands, not automatic are needed.

you type in chat /pnb . then click on texture and pick plank beam log or triangle. then set the number you want and press buy. In survival you need the material it is made out of in your inventory and it will tell you what you need.

The server application cannot restart itself. At least there is no reliable way to do that. The only way to do that is by using an external script.

It's definitely something that needs to be addressed. We really want to move the map data to the server anyway, so it's no longer stored on client side.

What I meant was can we have the rcon auto log into the server when we run the restart script?

I know this is an old problem but could you fix the problem with the map folder name resetting every time the server name changes in the server list. It is getting really annoying to have to go into my map folder and copy the new map folder's name and delete it and rename the old folder to get my maps back every time the server name is tweeked. Shouldn't it be running off the data base name and not the server list name of the server in combination with the IP address??

Sounds great :) Just post it either in this thread, or more preferably create a new topic about that^^

Well, there is no timestamp in regular chat messages, and they only get forwarded to the RCON tool... but we're currently reworking the RCON tool anyway ;)

can't weight to see the improvements. and the rcon could access the local computer's time clock. The stamp doesn't have to be in game, just associated with the local time it was sent to rcon. and it would be nice to have an option to log the chat sessions. May be with a time limit on how long the logs are kept too? and would it be possible to have an auto reconnect function for server restarts?

This is OK it just made me choose between the 2 tools. The timestamp was causeing otherthings in the chat anyway. It would be nice if there was a time stamp in the rcon tool though.

Unfortunately the rcon tool does not receive chat messages sent by plugins (i.e. if you cancel the chat event and send customized messages instead). However, the latest API release (which is now available) provides methods to edit a chat message in the PlayerChatEvent directly (in this case, the RCON tool will receive the chat message)

chattimestamp interfiers with the chat coms from the game to the rcon monitoring tool. you can see the chat being sent from the tool but the chat messages in game are not being received by the rcon tool when running chattimestamp. rcon is more important to my server then the timestamp so this has been removed from my server.

I and jon_miner diagnosed the problem to be a conflict with the chat time stamp plugin and the rcon chat transmissions. I removed the timestamp in the chat and rcon started to work properly.

I don't know where to report this but in the rcon tool it appears the in game chat is not being transmitted to the tool and the entries into chat from the tool are not being transmitted to the server.

there is a problem with planting trees and maby all plants. if you are in gm 0 and you plant a few trees and the trees run out. you pick up a cuple tree saplings with f cause they are not quite right. you can now only plan trees on farm land, they will not show on grass or anything else until you go to gm 1 mode then change what is in your hand. then change back to the tree. The trees atr now able to be planted until you run out of saplings again in gm 0 mode.

these are shots of the same blueprint. when I set the blueprint in the direction I made the blueprint it sets properly but when I tried to lay it on it's side, there are 2 panels missing. This happens on single player as well as my server. I have tried to make new blueprints and it still happens. This is a log that was sized with the console command and dimensions of 7 0.1 15 and then I stood it up and spun it to make the giant football shape with a rotation of setr 1. The panels are missing not just a visual anomaly. I believe it was aligned to the north axis.

and here is the blueprint.

747_knose_1516136014.blueprint

I tried remakeing the orb and then reblueprinting it and the same happened but when I reduced the size from 7 0.1 15 to 3 0.1 7 everything worked proper in both directions.

747_nose_redo_1516241646.blueprint
    747_cabin_1516240202.blueprint

this is what I am working on.

is the renaming function, on and off, an admin only command?

Not bad ideas, and with the correct group of people it might work. I agree that most people will use some reason and behave but as you said there is always 1 in the batch. I am just attempting to troubleshoot before things happen. Sorry to be a dark cloud :)

i will be adding a command for admins to remove those areas then its upto the admin to let the area owner know that what they did is not on, if that user keeps doing it then i guess a admin could ban the user. also you could put a notice at the start about rules on area claiming.
    i will also add a command so a admin can remove all claimed areas from one user all at the same time

Not saying users will never do such things there is always some, but most users will just keep to there own area and not cause such problems.
    in most cases people are good, but yeah its a shame we always get the odd bad apple oO