Posts by Juggernaut

I also experience this problem, and one thing to note on this. BPs act as NPC magnets. Meaning, if an NPC wanders too close, it becomes one with the BP. :)

GTX 970 user here. AP lua 3.0, this problem for me, only occurs if I am standing outside the area (the water is gone, revealing lakebed) with /showareas on. BUT inside I can see the water render fine with /showareas on. The borders seem to cause some type of render issue, results may vary AMD vs Nvidia, settings etc. I run at 1080p max settings. If this helps any.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider this a serious issue, aside some players may use to to reveal hidden goodies in pond. :)

A more serious issue I know of that cropped up since latest update is with blueprints. Spawn in BP .. use undoblueprint command OR demolish by hand. log off server. log back in, BP is back. Often times its just a partial, other times complete BP you undid before logoff. Seems to be pulling from old cache.

Also, another one I find some pvp players will exploit to kill or raid, is the render issue. I don't want to get into specifics here for obvious reason, but will send Red a PM about how to reproduce it.

It appears you are having a video card driver issue. the reason I state this, is because when you see a 'tear' in chunk borders (which I see on occasion), it is a tear you can see into the ground with, and you can fall into them. To fix those, you press F10 when in creative mode, it will restitch the chunk borders in your area. Your case, I see thin white lines, usually a typical driver artifact you will see. Second image appears to be lighting/shading anomaly, usually caused by outdated or corrupt video drivers. Try to download and install the LATEST video driver for your graphics card. hope this helps? let us know. a few of my players had issues since the last update, having them install the latest video driver for their respected video card resolved issues for them.

"After the update, the character has become taller. Please, return the previous growth, but because of this, I now can not normally go into rooms with low ceilings. Because of this, I can not climb into the pipes, the character does not fit into the space at all."

Keep in mind, you can crouch to reduce your height. I think the reason our character is larger is it is part of the fix to prevent you from seeing through terrain and walls in certain circumstances. I would much rather have a larger character than be able to see through terrain and walls as it kills the PvP experience and makes it waaay too easy to find underground dungeons.

Java is required, see a paste from this website. Also, seems like the video driver update I suggested resolved your issue? Good to see your PnB test worked on my server!
    P.S. Java is a security risk if you run it in your browser (some sites require it). So just disable in browser. I keep my java 8 up to date, and disabled in my primary browser.

System Requirements

CPU2+ Cores,
    e.g. Intel Core i3
    4+ Cores,
    e.g. Intel Core i5
    4+ Cores,
    e.g. Intel Core i7
    Memory4 GB RAM8 GB RAM8+ GB RAM
    Hard drive1 GB free space1 GB free space1 GB free space
    Java versionJava 8Java 8Java 8
    Graphics card1024 MB VRAM, OpenGL 2.1*
    e.g Intel HD 4000
    1024+ MB VRAM, OpenGL 3.0
    e.g NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    2048 MB VRAM, OpenGL 3.0
    e.g NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Operating systemWindows, Linux or Mac*
    *OSX 10.9 or higher, JDK 1.8
    Windows, Linux or Mac*
    Windows, Linux or Mac*

Note :

If you use a 64-bit operating system, it is required that you have a 64-bit version of Java installed. If only the 32-bit version of Java is installed, it can cause the game to crash.
    Please check if you have installed the correct Java version. Here you can download the latest Java version.
    (when using MacOS, you need the latest JDK instead)
    * The game runs on some OpenGL 2.1 graphics cards, but OpenGL 3.0 is strongly recommended.

I have only seen this when a server needs a restart. RW servers should ideally be restarted twice a day to regain performance. Memory Leaks cause all servers to lag eventually, and when they do, you will experience problems like you describe. The server will quit or greatly delay rendering objects in hand. You can try my server and see if it happens there. I could even meet you online to help troubleshoot. On your end, you may want to make sure you have the latest video driver installed for your graphic card, and also latest version of Java 8 to be sure it's not a client side issue on your end.

A note: A couple players of mine started having rendering problems since the update, I had them both upgrade to the latest video drivers and it has resolved it for them, if it helps any. Good luck

Red is wonderful isn't he?? Rising World is the only game where the creator is also deeply involved with the community and actually values player input unlike most other games I have purchased and played over the years. His bug fixes are greatly appreciated, new content he adds is icing on the cake!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but many report getting stuck on my server. I have a few who can't even play the game since the update, very slow to load, even when offline or single player for them. Also my server is getting flooded with odd behaviour, mostly when I am in creative mode building for the server, huge memory leaks occur within 30 minutes after restart then the world does not render properly (if I am building in creative). I am attaching the log, if you inspect, you will see a lot of repeats toward the end especially like: "START 11 54 14 STEP BACK START 11 55 14 STEP BACK" .. log file is 30MB in size, zipped to 2.8MB, but still too large to attach to this. Send me a PM with a link to your dropbox, i can send to you what is occurring ( red51)

@Edit - i was just able to send you a PM Red, with attached log. Logs are getting huge now and spammed with "START 11 54 14 STEP BACK START 11 55 14 STEP BACK" over and over. Performance drops quickly if I start using creative tools and eventually takes down server.

@Skillsmatter looks like you are either not at the same patch level as the server, or you need a reboot. A hotfix came out last night, and Steam sometimes needs to be restarted to get the new updates released. Steam doesn't auto patch very well. The connecting client needs to be be at same patch level as server, and usually you will get an error stating you have a different version.

Quote from Red51

Thanks for the log, this issue will be fixed with the next update (probably available in 1-2 days) Still looking for the broken motor issue though...

Anytime Red, if you need help testing anything feel free to send me a PM anytime. The broken motor issue is tied to that error, only happens if I crash while trying to get in. It's definitely related to the crash I reported. I am wondering if it may be a plugin conflict issue. I do know ABM isn;t working right sinc the update and needs to be updated apparently. (nametag of animals no longer show up, haven't fully tested yet but others are reporting problems with ABM also). Thanks again for your game and updates. We have got our money's worth that is for sure. :) I'll let you know if I discover more info in regard to the issue, will do more poking around today.

I posted the log above. Game only crashes when getting into boat, but seems intermittent. Check my prior post. If java crashes, then I relog back in, im able to jump back in boat but motor will no longer work (the boat it crashed on). Other boats will work fine. The crash seems tied to getting into a boat, happens more if boat is close to shore, and I have been flying, using commands and such. Also confirmed, once the motor is broken, other players can't drive it either. The problem happened to one player only once all night. Happened to me consistently.

Quote from Red51

That's strange... did it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer? oO

Multiplayer. One regular players it happened to them. I find that it is more commonly triggered because im admin, and flying and using commands and such. Can't find the exact repro, but trying. Happens quite frequent if im flying, doing commands then attempt to jump back in and drive boat. Happened a bunch tonight. Here's the latest log errorlog_1538022285228.log

Red one bug I have found with motorboat. I can get it to crash to desktop (the client). While in water mostly partially on land at waters edge, hop out of boat, then try to access engine while swimming to ride again. I find I can reproduce it more often if I fly. many times it will crash my client with the following java report: Error occurred during application-update (25)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at D.A.b(SourceFile:919)
    at D.A.a(SourceFile:911)
    at aD.n.a(SourceFile:196)
    at w.g.update(SourceFile:289)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:342)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:198)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

THEN when I log back in, the engine won't start. I can hop in the drivers seat, but engine wont start nor will boat move. Making a new boat works fine. Boat I crashed on will not.

Also a suggestion: render distance of boats is minimal, could you increase that a bit? You need to be close to them for it to render.

earthworms are easy to find. especially if it is raining. JUst use the rake, and they will appear, pick them up. it baits the fishing pole auto when having them in inventory. cast out the line .. use right click to keep jigging it, until you get a bite or two then left click to reel catch in. can even find bags that way (with various items, like grenade etc)

Thank you Red!! had fun checking all the updates. brilliant stuff. the PVP bug fixes are MUCH appreciated, not being able to access chests and objects through walls in particular .. oh my, pvp admins will thank you for that for sure. all the drama that has caused in the past I hope stays there (in the past) .. perrrfect!! :thumbsup:

You have to consider, it's summer time. All servers in all games have less players during the summer. People are on vaca, trying to enjoy time outside before school starts and while it is warm out. When the days get shorter and the weather colder, and new updates released, expect an influx of additional MP players.

Keep doing what you are doing, they will come. The few who are playing, gravitate toward more populated servers if they are not hosting themselves.

Also, I've had a few of my players leave to start their own servers. Most don;t last for a month, after they realize it's not actually easy and requires work. I even encourage some to go to other PVE focused servers, because I tire from bad attitudes that develop by some who literally freak when they get raided. :) I say 'maybe PVE is better suited for you', no sense in poisoning chat with hate when pvp is not your thing.

things to consider