Posts by Juggernaut

@red51 some serious lag issues since update with certain objects yet to be determined. one town i built for example, FPS tanks down to 2 FPS since the update. in process of trying to determine which object is causing this, practically tearing the entire town apart trying to find out which. Other towns seem fine for now.

@red51
    "Probably it was an "open" door? E.g. a double door? I've just released a mini-hotfix which should fix this issue^^"

Double doors yes, open no. I just tested again with latest updates, horses will walk through closed double doors as though they are not there (no collisions on doors for all NPCs).

@red51 "Thanks for the log! This issue is indeed related to ABM... hmm... I've implemented a small workaround, it should be available now. Please let me know if you still experience this issue "
    Reinstalled ABM and people are now able to join again. thanks!!

One minor issue I notice thus far, horses can now walk through steel doors (lost its collisions, however i cannot walk through doors).

Hi @red51 Client and server updated. Server crashes upon join, the server title and graphic displays, the server crashes during loading at 0%.
    Inspected the log and it appears to be an issue with ABM (Animal Breed Mod)? FULL Log attached:
    RW SERVER: Fatal error occurred!
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.risingworld.api.objects.Npc.getTypeID()I
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.Rancher.addProlificAnimal(Rancher.java:205)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.Rancher.addAnimal(Rancher.java:157)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.Rancher.loadAnimals(Rancher.java:148)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.Rancher.<init>(Rancher.java:78)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.AnimalDataBase.loadRancher(AnimalDataBase.java:258)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.AnimalDataBase.selectRancher(AnimalDataBase.java:295)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.RancherMap.load(RancherMap.java:39)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.data.RancherMap.get(RancherMap.java:69)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalController.getFollowingTaggedAnimal(AnimalController.java:307)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.executeForEachPlayer(AnimalBreedMaster.java:478)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.timerTask(AnimalBreedMaster.java:389)
    at pluginapi.PluginTimerManager.update(SourceFile:73)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.update(SourceFile:303)
    at server.Main.update(SourceFile:286)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:324)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:133)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Query server shutdown!
    STEAM SERVER SHUTDOWN

Files

• 1552425318.log

(408.21 kB, downloaded 506 times, last: )

"Make your animal invincible:
    Hold a goldrod in your hand, point at it and press the interaction key (default is F).
    If you press the interaction key again on an invincible animal it will become mortal again."

Hello, you do not have enough memory allocated on your server. I used to play on Serenity and you have many many buildings. That eats up RAM. You only have 1GB of RAM allocated. I currently allocate 6GB for WF.
    You edit server.properties (file) on your host and allocate more memory. example: server_memory=4096 (allocates 4GB of RAM). That is the minimum I recommend you run for Serenity.

In the early days, I experienced similar problems and like you, it denied connection attempts (usually after several hours). Allocating more ram resolved it. Hope this helps!

I think most all servers running multiple plugins will experience this on occasion. What I have found is a plugin can sometimes lock the main world database. to rectify without restarting server, use the RELOADPLUGINS command in console.

If this helps anyone. I have found if database gets 'locked', the culprit is one of the installed plugins is not releasing the DB for some reason. run console command 'reloadplugins' resolves it every time for me without needing to restart server. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, this is my fallback. :)

I'm not confident it is a 'bug' as Valve claims. This is a pattern with big corporations only being focused on the bottom line and stifling the little guy in the process. It makes logical sense they would change the algorithm to prefer top sellers and AAA titles, seeing they get a HUGE cut out of all sales (and these AAAs have big marketing budgets, so Steam knows they will sell). RW is not the only indie game affected, many other devs are complaining about the same thing. It's awful, hurting the indie base when the best games come from these independent developers.

I hope I am wrong, but I smell corporate rats. @red time to consider alternate distribution sources like these, and I believe Discord is getting into the business as well. https://www.howtogeek.com/3004…or-buying-cheap-pc-games/

A few of us could help some with youtube videos and fan sites perhaps. Steam needs to be dethroned.

""Absolutely love it !! Thanks Machete !! Does anyone know about the PnB plugin? Does anyone know about it? Add accessories & different types of furniture. Can anyone recommend any? Thanks to all in advance! ""

@MandyCMoore personally, the PnB (Planks and Beams) plugin is a must have. It allows you to type / pnb in chat to bring up a GUI, to build and apply any in game texture to beams, planks, logs, triangles and window frames without needing to use a workbench (as long as you have the needed resources in your inventory (some objects require wood, stone, iron depending on the texture ID you select for the object you make with PnB).

the journal uses xml. I have not tried this in RW, but here is XML code to insert images. try it and let us know :)
    <Image>
    <Src> images / sample.jpeg </ src>
    <height units = "pixels"> 500 </ height>
    <width units = "pixels"> 800 </ width>
    <title> Title of image </ title>
    </image>

open console (not a chat command) and type sets N (n= the numeric value you set).
    e.g. sets 1 will change the default resizing option to 1, which is the most granular. In other words, when you resize, it will be SLOW but accurate down to 1, providing many more size options (to resize for a perfect fit).
    sets 5 will work for most applications I find, and much faster to resize. This change will keep your setting until you relog, were the sets setr setl and setp commands reset back to default values.

sets = set size (resizing)
    setp = set precision (when moving)
    setl = set length (when adjusting length)
    setr = set rotation (when rotating)

hope this helps :)