Posts by Oberrill

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I tried the survey, but it does not work. The survey loads, but that is all. I can not fill in the form or submit it.

My suggestion is that you make Rising World possible to buy and download independent of Steam. Barring that, create a code that allows one to run it without Steam. Taleworlds did this with the M&B series. I would not have purchased Warband otherwise. Also, a release to GOG would be suitable.

I have the original version of Rising World, but will not be buying the new version if it is a Steam required game.

Good luck with the new version.

What PrincessGoddammit wrote is entirely correct. The ore detector works like a charm. I quit using it because it is just too easy. Mining is very fast even with the pick so I do not use the power drill either.

When I was a kid in Wyoming, we had to hitch two teams to a large wagon and load it with a two weeks' supply of food and several 5.5 foot crosscut saws. We spent 5 days travelling to the mountains to cut wood and 2 days intense days felling and bucking trees. Then it was a 7 day ride back home with wood enough to last the winter and beyond. A small sod house built partway into the ground stays warm without needing to burn much wood.
    Those were fun times and I think the game is more enjoyable when I actually have to travel to cut wood because all the local wood is gone. Imagine if real trees grew in a few days. We could have had a small woodlot and not had to travel to garner our wood supply. I would have missed out on those enjoyable woodcutting excursions.
    I know this is a game and therefore it cannot be just like real life. But with an endless world and a huge inventory, there is no need for trees to grow nearly as quickly as they do right now. Having said that, it would be best if there was a way to set a growth timer.

I see what you mean. I tried looking at my building from a good distance that was rendering only part of the building. I could see nothing with the telescope or binoculars that I could not see with just my eyes. So, as you said, there is no point to changing the zooms. Thank you for the explanation.

Ok. I have tried the binoculars and telescope. They work just fine, but from what I can tell, they have the same zoom. If so, the telescope is useless due to the limited field of view. In real life a telescope does have a comparatively limited field of view but this is offset by having a greater magnification.
    It would be nice in the future to lessen the zoom of the binoculars or strengthen the zoom of the telescope. I have no idea how much work this would take or even if it is possible.
    Thank you for these two tools. It is way better to use a tool than just press a key for "eagle vision".

The horses look nice, but that is about it. It cannot outrun a jaguar or tiger no matter how far I go. The instant I stop, either animal is attacking my horse. Before I can even dismount, the horse is dead. Also, not being able to do anything while mounted is a no-go for me.
    I have no idea what the plans for the future are, but at this point for me, mounts are sidelined.
    I will check out the telescope and binoculars and critique those.
    I also noticed doors can be much more difficult to open and close. One of my doors I could not open at all and had to move away and then was able to open it after coming back. I have never had door problems like this until after the update.

I restarted several times. It does not work. I also made changes to the permissions in the dedicated server folder just in case. That did not help either. There is obviously a permissions file the LAN game is using and I do not know how to make the game use the file I put into the permissions folder I created.

I put the permissions file, (downloaded from Steam), in my game folder and changed the default settings to what I desire, but my LAN game is not using them. None of the permissions changed from what they were before I had the permissions file. Is there something that needs to be done to force my LAN game to use the default permissions file?

Most, if not all, food is equally or more nutritious raw. Cooking only serves to kill pathogens. Cooking should actually lower the nutritional value. Wurm Online already uses the system you are suggesting and it is awful. I suggest giving a small chance of getting sick from eating raw fruits and vegetables, and a greater chance of getting sick from eating raw meat that scales up as the meat ages.
    The aggressive animals in this game already attack at a rate that is way beyond that of real-life animals. Having them try to break in through doors and windows is way too much. If there is a very small chance (rng) of this happening, I would find that acceptable in the case of bears.
    Docile animals should greatly outnumber aggressive animals. That is how nature is.
    My suggestion would be to add poisonous animals to the game. Water moccasins and mambas are aggressive and will actually chase people. A moccasin in a swamp or a mamba in the savannah would definitely add to the survival aspect. This can also add the production of antivenom to the game. Snake hooks, bags, a milking station, snake cages, snake chaps, and other items could be added to game crafting.

Most of these ideas are ok. I take issue with lightning burning buildings unless lightning rods are implemented at the same time. It is quite difficult to throw water on a building when one is not even in the area.
    Umbrellas are junk. All that is necessary is the addition of oilskins or simply use the existing hooded diving suit.
    As far as inventory goes, the transportation update will help with that. The inventory definitely needs adjustment, (64 iron ingots in a stack, but only 16 musket balls in a stack), but that can wait. The team working on the game is miniscule. Development has to be concentrated on what is most important. The team has been doing this surprisingly well.