Independent

• My suggestion is that you make Rising World possible to buy and download independent of Steam. Barring that, create a code that allows one to run it without Steam. Taleworlds did this with the M&B series. I would not have purchased Warband otherwise. Also, a release to GOG would be suitable.

I have the original version of Rising World, but will not be buying the new version if it is a Steam required game.

Good luck with the new version.

• What? We have to buy the new version? I think there's a misunderstanding, because the store page says that we get all updates free. Doesn't it? I'll take a look real quick. Yup, "Your purchase entitles you to receive all future updates free of charge"

• As mentioned by LoneRanger , a standalone (which does not require Steam at all) is available on our homepage :nerd:

Buy (EUR 14.99)

Rising World Standalone

Rising World is a voxel based open-world sandbox game, featuring a procedurally generated world, playable in single and multi-player.

What? We have to buy the new version? I think there's a misunderstanding, because the store page says that we get all updates free. Doesn't it? I'll take a look real quick. Yup, "Your purchase entitles you to receive all future updates free of charge"

Oh, of course everyone who purchased the game in the past gets access to the new version ;) And of course it will be available for both the Standalone and Steam version.

• Oh, of course everyone who purchased the game in the past gets access to the new version ;) And of course it will be available for both the Standalone and Steam version.

red51 You did not mention this explicitely, but I am sure if Oberrill and other players should have a steam version of Rising World currently but want to play non-steam in future, you can give him/them access to the non-steam version easily, right?

What would the steps then be? Just download the standalone version? Or first contact you via PM to get the standalone login number?

• for me, I decided that as soon as the new version will be up, I will buy again (in standalone to avoid issues with my actual steam account) just to help Red with money, even if I play under my steam account at the moment ;),

but may be Red will do some donate link some day, as so all the players wanting to help would be able to participate ;)

• Thank you so much for your support Helie and Arakara :)

red51 You did not mention this explicitely, but I am sure if Oberrill and other players should have a steam version of Rising World currently but want to play non-steam in future, you can give him/them access to the non-steam version easily, right?

Well, it's a bit complicated... the problem is, we don't have the capacity to offer access to the standalone for all Steam customers. If someone purchases the game on Steam, a certain proportion of the revenue goes to Valve - in return, the infrastructure on Steam is used to download or update the game. But if a large portion of Steam users want to download the standalone as well (from our servers), we need more servers, but the money for that infrastructure is missing (since it was already paid to Valve) :silenced:

It also introduces another small issue: Both the Steam version and Standalone are separate versions (i.e. by default, the player gets a new UID for the standalone). If a Steam user gets banned on a multiplayer server, he could simply request access to the standalone, then join that server again.

So usually we only give access to the standalone on rare occasions, e.g. if the Steam version doesn't work properly :thinking:

• It also introduces another small issue: Both the Steam version and Standalone are separate versions (i.e. by default, the player gets a new UID for the standalone). If a Steam user gets banned on a multiplayer server, he could simply request access to the standalone, then join that server again.

Ouch - sorry I was not aware of this possibility ... Thank you for explaining it. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!