Posts by Glenos

Thanks Red for your well illustrated and explained response. This makes much more sense, the pivot points are new to me and I think you can tell from my video that I didn't fully understand the pivot points and rotation of the objects its much more clearer now and I have this thread to quickly refer to for the time being. Also yes, I was trying to change the interior texture so it is different to the outside. I have built this way many times in the java version. I must admit the construction system in the new unity version is a much more improved way of doing things. It is a great USP!!

There is also another thing we could do maybe: the rotation handling you're experiencing currently depends on the block shape. If you use another block shape (e.g. a ramp or arc), it will behave differently - the block rotation will be taken into account when determining the proper pivot. If this handling was also available for blocks, it would solve your problem and make building with planks (in combination with the pivot snapping) a lot easier. The downside is that building curved walls would be a bit more difficult. Maybe it would work if this was a separate option? :thinking:

:thinking: Hhhhmmm.... having it as a separate option would be a brilliant idea just to make it as a more of QOL feature. Maybe one way of doing this is having the pivots points as an option for turning on and off? Also I think that this question is best for players with more experience with the new version, maybe someone else agrees.

Also, while trying to find a work around whilst trying to figure out where I went wrong. I discovered the paint roller (never used until today) again another cool building tool. I have a small suggestion for it. perhaps if there's a way to make it possible using this to paint individual faces of a block as an option also, as well as having it as the default of painting the whole block?

Again thank you for the explanation ^^:D

Thank you for your response Deirdre, now I feel like a plank :lol:

In the video I had it at 0.1 and the other wall I did worked fine. Just the wall in the video didn't.

But anywhoo, I changed it to 0.2 and now it works perfectly. (this is a little embarrassing)

Thank you ^^

Edit: still getting use to the new construction system

Hi all,

I have been playing rising world since 2015, most of my hours have been in the java version. I started to play the new unity version the past few months and I'm really enjoying it. It is a big improvement on the java, although it's still missing some of the java features. Yet still continuing to explore the unity version as I think it's epic and will be picking up copies for family and friends.

The issue I have had yesterday and today is that when resizing a block to the thickness of what would of been a plank in the java version and snapping it to some already placed blocks (a wall in this case) the plank doesn't render fully or it is placed in the incorrect position. Half the plank is flickering or the position places behind or in front the wall and not where the ghost of object shows. Hopefully the following video can explain what I mean:

Plank flickering glitch

I know that the java didn't do this and wondered if it is a glitch/bug or if there's something that I'm missing from the new improved construction system, that I'm getting wrong?

I would really like to continue playing this save if I can help it and not have to restart.

I welcome any suggestions

TIA ^^:D

Also would like to contribute :D

Though I haven't played the new version much yet as I've been busy learning game Dev at Uni. I've used unity for the past 3 years and understand the basics of C# ( Kind of :hushed:) Been modelling for about 5 years... Actually little bit of everything for 6 years now. Love it!!

Looking forward to the chance to create and share. Will be checking these forums for updates on when that'll be possible.

Happy Building :):D

Do you use the Steam version of the game? If cloud save is enabled, maybe Steam did somehow overwrite the world data? Maybe Steam didn't recognize the changes you've made on your world. Do you play the game on multiple machines?

Yes I use the steam version, yes I have just checked if it uses the steam cloud and It appears that I have it so I'm guessing that this could be the issue.

Yes I play on my laptop when I'm not at home and PC majority of the time.

Thanks red for your time :D

Hi rising world forum

I have a problem I went back to an old world from playing over a month ago and it didnt save my building or anything that i altered?

It went to what I had created piror to that if this makes any sense. I took screenshots of the buildings to just show off a little . quit like usaul and it normally saves by it self right? well over a month has passed and go back to it to find the early stages of my creations. ;(

Any help would be great? :thumbsup:

Haven't come across this issue before.

In the mean time ill be rebuilding and gathering

I read in the steam forums at some point over the years of playing. That someone asked if we could click and drag so that they would fill up faster. I believe that Red said that he would add it to his (probably very long) list. There could potentially be an item that you have to craft to make this happen. One other suggestion I would like to see is a backpack. My inventory fills up quick.

OMD OMD, its today. I just bought factory town as it was its release day.( I know nothing to do with rising world) hmmm.... now I have a dilemma. Play factory town or rising world? :/