Posts by spunky

Ahah a redirect to stdin! Brilliant!

Sorry I am a total amateur.. I have recently been learning about the standard in, standard out, and standard error, so I think I have an idea of what you're saying. I will play with that and see how it goes. Thanks everyone, especially red51 :thumbsup:

Thanks lenko, I am aware of these facts. In fact I've been waiting to find answers to my inquiry for 11 months. Yes, 11 months ago I wrote my reboots script. And released it on github for the community. I've since made it private (for further development). At the time I was actively inquiring this same issue. And I would still really like to know if there are ways to interact with the rcon to complete the cycle, without using any API plugin. I don't think I want my reboots hardcoded into the game. I prefer to be able to run them on demand with let's say Task Scheduler. I don't know if it's a language issue, god knows my language skills are garbage. But the answers have left me with uncertainty? Which is why I've finally asked for developer response. I hope it is not too much to ask.

Simply put, is there ANY way to script rcon commands that doesn't require API? ?(

Thanks @Devidian for your reply. Sounds like your using API plugin to control the shutdowns.

As I stated I would prefer to not use the API for simple rcon commands like say and shutdown.

However, this does appear to be candidate if I do go the API route, so thanks again.

I still very much would like to know about which other methods might work for sending these commands

I'd like to reopen a old topic because I'm not fully understanding, sorry.

Yes, that would work. You can either create a plugin which sends the messages and shuts the server down, or alternatively you can just send input commands to the server process (e.g. "shutdown" to shutdown the server, or "say" or "yell" to send a message to all players). In case you create a script to handle the restart, the input commands may be handier (so there is no need to use the plugin API at all) :)

Firstly, I am not at all concerned about the restarting the server. I have a solution for relaunching after a shutdown.
    Secondly, I know this can be done with API.
    and lastly, yes I know this can be done manually, but I'm asking for purposes of automation, without using the API.

So, my question is only about rcon and ways to communicate those commands.

Specifically this part:
    In case you create a script to handle the restart, the input commands may be handier (so there is no need to use the plugin API at all) :)

So far I can successfully connect via http webrequest on rcon port but I don't know if there are any commands I can send via a hyperlink?

Example of what I tried http://localhost:rconport/run?command=shutdown

Alternatively there is the 'rcon.exe application, do these executable rcon applications support any input paramers?

Example of what I tried start rcon.exe -shutdown

If there is a way to script commands directly to the server console that works too!

@red51 sorry to tag you. I've asked many people, but this information has been hard for me to verify, could you elaborate on which methods work or don't please and thanks

Hey @yahwho and @Devidian, have you considered assigning cpu affinity to the backup's process? In short you can force applications to use specific cores by adding /affinity to the start parameters for your backups application. Another trick is the /abovenormal /belownormal tags so the cpu knows which is mission critical and which is background processes.

What about the person that is trying multiplayer for the first time and finds themselves stuck in a well!... asking for a friend... I swear this didn't happen to me! This is why we need 400 stone axes in every chest

I can say is that If I teleport to an unexplored or inactive city area it takes maybe 5 seconds, not minutes, for everything to render. And I can play all day without needing to disconnect. And I play with all settings on max on multiplayer servers at 3440 x 1440. I use 1080ti and 8700k at 4.5gz.

3440x1440 is roughtly 5 million pixels. 5760X1080 is approximately 6 million pixels. So yes the 3 monitor is going to put a strain on the system, so I wouldn't recommend max settings, but medium-high should work. I highly doubt your system is struggling...

Does Rising World have a proper SLI profile? I've had SLI in the past.. and know how terrible it can be. I can't think of a game I've played that actually benefited from SLI. Most games don't support it or have bugs associated with it. I would actually recommend trying the game with SLI turned off and see if that helps.

Another question is.. Do both of you experience the same problem on the server? If your friend is experiencing the exact same issue, I think that would suggest a problem with the server.

There are a few things you can do to be sure that is not on your end. pressing F3 twice (while in game) shows a graph of memory usage. Also while in game you can type open the console and type: report (the report will be saved to your rising world game folder).
    Also you can get game overlays that show info like RAM usage, VRAM usage, CPU usage, FPS, etc.

Like I said.. I doubt your PC is struggling, but I would still investigate that possibility first. I really don't know how to test the performance server side when it's being run by a private company.

If you send me the server name I can try connecting to see how it is performing.

I think steam would be not recommended for running a dedicated server. You can fully install a dedicated server anonymously with steamCMD.

For more info look here: dedicated server setup

Also please post all launch parameters in win_startscript.bat and also exactly what you added in steam.

other thought.... could it be your gaming system running out of resources?

Is this the steam version of the game or standalone version?

have you tried lowering your graphics settings for multiplayer?

Also post some details about the dedicated server.

Who's running it?

System Specs? (Cpu, Memory, etc)

Server Bandwidth.

Is it MySQL or SQlite?

Is the server being used for anything else?

I couldn't find this topic being talked about.

Would a donate button for JIW games be allowed? I'm not talking about stretch goals or pay to win or any sort of rewards.

I mean real, simple, donation button just to support the current road map.

The main issue - according to the screen shot - is the view distance and detail distance: using the max setting requires powerful hardware, so I'd recommend to reduce these settings (especially the "detail distance", since it has the biggest impact on performance).
    Apart from that, it mainly depends on your hardware. Maybe you can post a report file here, it contains important information about your RAM, CPU and graphics card. To do that, open the ingame console (key `) and type "report", then a file called report shows up in your game directory. Please upload this file here, or send it via email to support@jiw-games.net

This sounds like it could be fun friendly competition! Let me begin

No real lag issues here.

But in seriousness, I can notice a major drop in the performance when i switch from ethernet cable to wifi.

So my recommendation is, if you are on wifi, consider upgrading to ethernet cable. It is a cheap way to get much better gaming performance for any computer.