Posts by yellow51

This sounds like an error occurs. As yahwho mentioned, please have a look if there is a file called "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" in your server directory. Alternatively you can also have a look for a log file in the "Logs" folder. Maybe create a separate topic about that, since this isn't necessarily related to the original issue ;)

Inside you RisingWorldDedicatedServer directory where you have the win_startscript.bat post here your most recent error log (something like errorlog_1611843590545.log).

If you are running win_startscript.bat and it closes instantly, it's because the script is failing. The error log will tell us why.

I have the dedicated server software but when I run it, i see a command prompt pop up for a split second then goes away. Thats it. What do I do after that?

Just remembered (doh!) - if the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is not installed on the PC hosting the RW server, the error mentioned above occurs.

I hope that there will be a little spare time? Perhaps on a holiday? 😃

Hi there Ash_lee!
    I'd suggest looking up videos on people making stuff with Unity - that can give you an idea as to how red51 & friends develop RW.

How about like you produce stone blocks and then on site you can modify them with a masonry chisel? Like old-timey freemasons.

Similar for wood blocks, you produce blocks/planks and then use woodworking tools on site to modify them.

^ ^ This would be cool, but wouldn't it get very tedious very quickly at some point?
    In the end, the developers are the ones who make the final decision.

This plugin adds an item where you can do gestures with your (Right) Hand.

Simply equipping this item will make you Wave.

Clicking LMB (Left Mouse Button) will make you do a Thumbs-Up.

Clicking RMB (Right Mouse Button) will make you do a Facepalm.

You can craft the Gestures item for free in the General crafting tab of your player inventory under the category "Gestures".

Download Plugin:

Files

• Gestures.zip

(606.32 kB, downloaded 301 times, last: )

I have to say that this plugin is a bit late. In the past, when there was more going on on the servers, I would certainly have liked it. Nevertheless, thank you for your contribution

Of course I have also included your plugins in my plugin list

Thanks for the feedback, lenko !

I'll have to do this, thanks yahwho !

Admins can go invisible using this plugin. This allows them to keep an eye on suspicious characters without said suspicious characters knowing :thumbup:

/vishelp - Help command for info on the plugin's commands (ADMIN ONLY)
    /vistatus - Visibility status (ADMIN ONLY)
    /invisible - Makes you invisible (ADMIN ONLY)
    /visible - Makes you visible (ADMIN ONLY)

Download Plugin:

Make killing yourself easier using a simple chat command - /killme!... and in the process of using this command, let everyone on the server know that you just did!

Download Plugin:

Files

• RWKillMe.zip

(1.71 kB, downloaded 282 times, last: )

Hi everyone!
    This is my first plugin, it appears to work so that's a plus I suppose :thumbup:

This plugin is very simple, and by that I mean... very simple - It only allows explosions to damage NPCs, such as Bandits, Animals and Skeletons. Damage to the world (buildings, ground, etc) and players (your self and others) is disabled. I'd assume maybe this plugin will come in handy for someone who wants to allow Dynamite and the Old Grenades you find on bandits, but not let them damage players or the world and creations, just NPCs.

Your feedback is appreciated, so feel free to leave some!

Download Plugin (THERE IS A LITE VERSION AND THE NORMAL VERSION IN THE ZIP FILE, THE LITE VERSION DISABLES THE CHAT MESSAGE WHEN YOU TRIGGER AN EXPLOSION! (WITH THE LITE VERSION, YOU STILL GET A FLASHING MESSAGE ON YOUR SCREEN THAT SAYS "BOOM", TO NOTIFY YOU THAT THE PLUGIN IS INSTALLED ON THE SERVER YOU ARE PLAYING ON... And of course to let you know that something in the area blew up!) - !! SERVER OWNERS !! - !! ONLY USE 1 OF THEM, YOU CANNOT USE THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME !! :

Download Plugin:

Implementing proper aiming for custom weapons is tricky... unfortunately it's not sufficient to set an aim animation, it's also necessary to modify the body position for that. The API, however, does not offer a way to do that smoothly. Basically you could bind that as secondary action (setSecondaryAction()), i.e. change the item/body position when the secondary action is triggered, but this won't give a satisfying result...

We'll provide more control over these things in the new API though ;)

When shooting the rifle (i.e. in the setPrimaryAction() callback) you can spawn an actual projectile by calling World.spawnProjectile(). If you set the projectile id of the semi-auto rifle (5), it will behave like that (and it also deals the same amount of damage).

Thank you for the infos!

Take a look at Example: Potato Cannon  :thumbup:

I know about the potato cannon - that's the code used to make this (I took the potato cannon source and changed up the model and textures).
    I just seem to be having problems getting it to sight in (right click zoom in), and also do damage like the Semi-Auto Rifle.

I managed to get this item in the game after using the Potato Cannon source, however, I can't make it do any aiming when holding right click, and it won't do damage. I'm pretty stumped as to what to do next, so any tips (or help) are/is appreciated!
    yahwho or red51 - You might know something about this?

In theory you could animate something with the current API. Multiple static models working as one. Then individually moving each object model to a new position. Giving the impression of one model that is animated.

It would be fiendishly hard, to put it mildly for any complex animation.

So not something you really want to try unless you've got a lot of time on your hands (and experience).
    Thank you for the quick response, yahwho!