Posts by ozzyjimbob

Would it make sense to change items so that everything stacked to 64? I'm finding it i little frustrating having 16 beefsteaks, then 64 blocks, then a single rib stuck there like it owns my inventory. haaa! It's a little odd, and i think that we would know at a glance how much we could carry if everything stacked to 64.
    What do people think?

Haaa! Thanks Red!
    Could we have interaction with the toilet roll too then? haaa! Like it spins or something. (Sorry! I'm just going to stop now! Hee hee!)

People enjoy the thrill of Survival mode. At the moment Creative-mode (or safety-mode as i like to call it. haaa!) as Red stated, is going to change.
    People, (myself included) enjoy the process of chopping down trees for the wood and mining for the stone, because it is very rewarding in the end. Keeping the end-product in mind makes survival mode really enjoyable in my opinion, and having to look after your character by eating and (soon) drinking, just adds to the immersion.
    Of course, people enjoy just chilling out in Creative-mode, because they want to explore the building materials, and that's enjoyable too.
    I do think that perhaps biomes should have been first, so that all the animals, plants etc simply slot into their respective biomes.
    However, it's in the works along side the current updates i believe.

You could try typing setgametype 1 into the command window. this changes the game to creative mode and everything takes a single hit to break (blocks,trees, stone, crafting gear) it would save you some time, and when you're finished, just open up the command window again, and type setgametype 0, and this will change you back to survival mode. Hope this helps, and saves you some time.
    (it's not really cheating. hee hee!)

Sorry for the obscure title, but i am a little confused as to why we would need to sit on a toilet in RW, if we have no need to.
    Of course, i find the whole 'sitting on the toilet' thing mildly amusing, but unless we're going to have a kind of 'need to goooo' bar, then it's just for comical value? (which is really nice of course.)
    If it's going to be intended for serious use though, then why don't we just go in the world, when we need to, rather than travelling all the way back home, just to go. maybe i'm reading into this a little too much (haa!), but the thought ocurred to me, and i would be interested to read what everyone thinks about this.

Would it be possible to have a rack for smithing hammers and tools, and the ability to place your metal bars on any flat surface? I think it would be really cool to be able to display your hard earned haul in your forge/workshop.
    I would also like to see things like a place to rest a hammer on the anvil, and little features like that. it may prove to be more trouble than it's worth, though, (bug-wise.)

I think that the day-night cycle could be a little longer. I would like to have to survive the night for a little-bit longer when the 'nasties' are implemented. hee hee!

I believe that more doors are planned.
    I seem to have read something in another thread about this, and Red said that they are planning double doors, half doors (like a stable) etc.
    fence doors? Do you mean like a farm gate?
    I think windowed doors would be really nice, so that you can peek to see who's visiting, before you unlock it.

Could there be the option to have a field kit (Biomology Kit?), which allows players/characters to go out and study the soil, water, vegetation etc of any biome, to uncover more information about them?
    It would really immerse players in the biomes. Then, you don't just have the surface value of the world, but you can get really deep into the undergrowth, and take samples for special research back home.
    There could be some kind of lab to place at home, which takes so many days to process the samples.
    The uses of the results could be Ore/Coal presence, edible/poisonous plants, drinkable water.
    It could be an interesting way to find resources, rather than the usual straight forward mining process found in most survival games. Rising World definately deserves some unique features like this in my opinion.

How about making a pet option eventually, but whereby you have to actually tame the type of animal you want to have as a pet.
    You could leave certain food on your land each night, and there could be other aspects, like you protect them from predators, and give them a little shelter separate from your house to live in.
    It would be an option for those of us who would give it a chance. I wouldn't mind having some kind of creature as company. It would add some interesting content in my opinion.
    Those who don't want any pets can choose not to bother with this option. they simply do nothing, and carry on as usual. no disabling anything. There could even be restrictions to certain creatures, like if you had a nocturnal creature as a companion, it would basically withdraw at dawn.

I would also be interested in an option for a spirit-guide. If your companion is killed by predators, or the environment (but NOT the player) then the creature could become your spirit guide, and show you certain secrets in the world, but in a kind of cryptic way, so you still have to work for it.
    if the companion is killed by the player, then they simply die, and the player gets nothing in return. (the price to pay for being a meanie. haa!)

What do people think? pointless? Unfitting for RW? Too much pratting about?

Why not have an invention called the Insectinator. you go around your crops spraying them. It causes them to fall on the ground, doesn't harm your crops, and lets you use the bugs for other things. it could even just subdue the bugs so that you can keep them as pets......

(or am i going off on one again? haa!)