Posts by ozzyjimbob

That sounds really immersive ZaCormyr! You've definately got my vote for that. haa! you could even use the smokey wood types to send signals to fellow team members in multiplayer. haa!

I think it would be really nice to have firewood crackling sounds for the 'fireplace' and grills. It seems a little bit odd to have a silent fire in my fireplace. haaa!
    I also think that dirt should have more of a 'thud' sound, instead of sounding like stone. It could also have more of a rumbling sound when it 'breaks'. It would add variation to the experience i think. I love mining in this game, and with this small change, i would love it all the more.
    When the character custom stuff arrives, i think it would be really interesting to have the ability to record sounds to replace the original swinging and 'hurt' sounds. it could be from a headset or something.
    I was thinking that if you wanted to create some kind of gruff viking or something, then you could record some really deep growls for swinging and grunts for 'hurt' sounds.

I think that certain things should happen in the world, as your skills increase. (obviously in the distant future. haa.)

Hunting- animal tracks are invisible when at base level, then as you increase they become more and more vivid, and more animal tracks become visible the higher your level. The tracks could only be visible in 'hunting stance' or something, to avoid tracks appearing all over the world. haa!
    you also get more materials (ie meat, wool, milk etc) from animals the higher your level.

swimming- this skill could go hand-in-hand with stamina. the higher your stamina, the quicker your swimming level increases. The swimming skill increases as long as you remain underwater. There could be better visibility underwater at higher levels too.

driving- perhaps our character could control differently at lower levels (i'm not talking about really annoying changes, like the car spins off the road or something, just a minor veer off to one side or something), then as the skill increases, there is more of a smooth handling to the vehicle.

just a few little thoughts i believe would make the game a little bit more realistic. hee hee.

perhaps the birdhouse could attract rarer birds than a chicken? maybe add some kind of system to it where the longer you leave the birdhouse untouched, the rarer and more useful the egg? Anyway, glad people like the idea, and it's not just me rambling away. Haaa!

I know it's planned soon, and we've only just been kindly given the new update, but i think some small passive animals should be added to the next update along with the hostiles.perhaps:
    Rabbits/hares
    crickets
    hedgehogs
    frogs
    It would just make things a little bit more 'alive', and hearing the noises of crickets at night-time would be really nice.

This may seem a little silly for some, but how about having the option to build garden ornaments and fountains etc.
    Snail,caterpillar,Gnome etc-1 Clay each
    Small fountain-5 stone
    Medium fountain-7stone ( Fountains could be a convenient source of clean water in a pinch perhaps, or could attract dragonflies for use later on)
    Large fountain- 10 stone
    birdhouse- 5 lumber ( could be interacted with for bird eggs.)
    beehive- 2 lumber, 3 straw. ( interact with for honey)
    Perhaps have some woodchip effect blocks too, which crunch underfoot. It would be awesome to use for landscaping a garden.

exactly. It would add another dimension to the whole survival experience, and, like you said ZaCormyr, test your survival skills. I see this game as finishing up with lots of interesting layers, and having something for everyone. Rising CakeWorld..

true! the devs have to cater for all audienced don't they. It just seemed like an interesting way to defend your camp, but i guess that it gets into tower defence territory really doing it that way, then we start yawning. Haa!

This sounds awesome! Soon my greenhouse will have an actual USE. Haaa! I love where the guys are taking this game, and the updates seem to be much more enjoyable to anticipate than other games i have played.
    Simply hanging out on the forum, suggesting things and reading what others think is extremely exciting to me, and i think that the guys are giving us something very special by letting us have a say in what goes into this beautiful game.

I wonder if we could see a poster which can wrap around blocks, so that we can create designs on columns, corners, odd angles etc, rather than everything being flat. Obviously you can simply draw a picture of something, and make it look like it has depth, but with columns and the like, i think it would be a useful thing to have.

I would love to see more organic block types, like mushroom, bone, flesh, cloud etc.
    It would be really cool if they had some kind of animation when placed, to emphasize that they are alive. This could tie in with my suggestion of decorative blocks. There could be certain blocks which have animations, like the mushroom block set could have a cluster of mushrooms which serve as an eerie light, and the flesh block set could have an eyeball block, which follows the character when they are within a certain range.

I would like to see smaller trees and hedges dotted around, which yield saplings like the larger trees, so you can create a realistic hedge, for those more natural builds. It would make gardens and things really nice i think, and give hostiles somewhere to jump out at you. hee hee.

I had the thought of adding a witch into the game in the deep forest area. There could be only one witch per world, and her house could be unique. I also though about how interesting it would be to be exploring, run into her house, enter the house,get confronted by the witch,knocked unconscious, wake up in the basement, then be left to find a way to escape.
    She could be really difficult to kill, so you couldn't just go upstairs and behead her or something, you would have to sneak your way around the house and find a special way to subdue her or something. It could be a special event, which only triggers if you actually enter her house and start messing with her stuff.
    This would add so much immersion to the game IMO, and i think it would be creepy as hell if done properly, and i know the guys would if they were interested in the idea.