Best Internet Security

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • What internet security do you all use? That time of year again my Norton has just a few days remaining before I need to renew for the year. Was wondering what you guys find best to use as thinking of swapping to a different one? I find Norton brilliant at protecting against threats and monitoring stuff just it doesn't half slow the computer down and rob its performance when it is doing it's daily scans.. So might swap to another one that hopefully doesn't rob as much performance as Norton?

• Hmm with only two posts under your belt this does look to me like an attempt to back-link to a website for SEO reasons. =O

If that is the case you may want to know the hyperlinks here (as with most forums these days) are " rel = no follow ". ;)

If that is not the case, I apologise :P

And if so, I would thoroughly recommend Eset (Google it). It has a tiny memory footprint and I've use it across 1000's of workstations and servers for over 10 years. :thumbsup:

I love smilies :saint:

P.s.

If you have an up-to-date Operating System (Like Windows 10 1909) you should only really need the Antivirus, and not Internet Security. Windows comes with a pretty good build-in Firewall.

For added security you may wish to consider changing your primary DNS setting to 9.9.9.9 (https://www.quad9.net/)

• yahwho I have edited and removed the link, the post is quite old but well better than never :D

midas Das Forum ist Zweisprachig, also Deutsch und Englisch. Neben dem Titel kann man sehen ob ein Thread auf Englisch, auf Deutsch oder auf beiden geantwortet sein soll. (z.B. dieser Thread hat das blaue Englisch Tag)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!