Issue with join party

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • So my daughter and I play together and we are having a issue when we try and join up. Sometimes I can see her red dot and she can’t see me or it’s the other way around. Then sometimes it’s not even right on the map.

• Hmm... does it only happen after playing some time, or is the red dot missing from the beginning? Do you play via P2P (the green "Play with friends" button), or on a public multiplayer server?

• This is on Public server. Wild Frontiers. Yes its right from the beginning. We both join and and one of us will invite the other one to group. I will invite her and and she can see me on her map and it shows the red circle on me so she can see me if we are apart. But Then I cant see her at all on map or away from me.

And the same happens to her if she invites me. But last night I think I might have figured out what is causing the issue. It seems that if one of us are on our mount and the other person is off and doing the inviting it screws it up or it WONT work at all.

We are going to test it more over the next couple of days. We have only been on horses so we will check if this happens on the other mounts as well.
    I'll let you know what I come up with.

• Ok Red51, We have been checking. So here is what we have. If one person is on a mount and someone tries to invite to group it either will not work or it bugs it. This is with all mounts.

Second thing It places a black x on the map of the other person instead of a red dot. I dont know which way you have it setup. Because most of the time it is a red dot which we like better than the x.

But join group does work for the most part if both people are are off mounts then making the group.

Also , Now we tested another part of it and I dont know if this is supposed to work or not. But we had three of us running together. So person A asks person B to join join group those two can see one another. Now if person A or B ask person C to join then person C can ONLY see person A or B that asked them to join but can not see the other person.
    So person A asks person B to join both can see one another. A and B are in group now person A asks person C to join group Now only person A and C can see one one another and Person A who asked both person B and C can see both of them. Both C and B can see person A. But C and B cant see one another.

I hope this helps. Thanks

• Thanks for the update! I'll try to reproduce this bug :)

Second thing It places a black x on the map of the other person instead of a red dot

Hmm... that's strange oO Basically the X is just a regular map marker which is created by rightclicking on the map. Please try to delete it by clicking on it and hitting the DEL key on your keyboard - just in case this marker was created by accident.

• Thanks for the update! I'll try to reproduce this bug :)

Hmm... that's strange oO Basically the X is just a regular map marker which is created by rightclicking on the map. Please try to delete it by clicking on it and hitting the DEL key on your keyboard - just in case this marker was created by accident.

Sorry about that , I mean instead of a red dot on the map when its open showing the person moving its a Black x that moves not the red dot. lol But yes when I first opened the map and saw the black x I was like " i dont recall placing a x here on the map and I spent like 4 mins trying to remove that x" I figured it out I kind of felt dumb when I realized what was going on.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!