Land ID #s, do they repeat?

• Hi red51 or anyone else that might be able to answer this question,

My server has yahgiggle's world protection plugin installed (https://forum.rising-world.net…o-area-protection-script/) and we've noticed phantom claims in outlying areas that match up with a real claim somewhere else in the world. What we've noticed is that the land ID # is the same for both claims which seems to be causing the duplication with the area protection plugin.

Which brings me to my question, do the land ID #'s repeat? And is it due to our world having been explored so much that its run out of ID #s and begun to repeat them?

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you!

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• Internally the plugin API uses an int to store the ID of an area, which enables us to have more than 4 billion unique areas in theory - so this doesn't seem to be the issue here. Unfortunately I can't say much about the WorldProtection plugin, since I don't have source code access, but it looks like this issue is caused by the way how the plugin calculates its own area ID - the ID the plugin calculates is prone to collisions. I'm afraid only @yahgiggle can fix this issue... :/

• Oh boy, thank you for the info.

I hope someone creates a similar but improved world protection plugin when the new game version is launched. Its been a fundamental part of my server.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!