• Steam or Standalone?
    Standalone
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Singleplayer + Multiplayer
    Error message?
    Yes
    Operating system
    Linux

I'm running WSL (Windows Subsytem for Linux) and every time I try to log in i get the error "Some Game Files Are Missing. Please Update." The error appears like this in terminal: "

Load JAR: jbullet.jar

java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

at risingworld.launcher.Utils$ClassLoader.addURL(SourceFile:97)

at risingworld.launcher.Utils$ClassLoader.registerLibraries(SourceFile:71)

at risingworld.launcher.Launcher.a(SourceFile:315)

at risingworld.launcher.Launcher.startGame(SourceFile:306)

at risingworld.launcher.Launcher.a(SourceFile:760)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

"

I've downloaded and installed the linux file in WSL but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?:thinking:

• I'm guessing the Linux version of RW is incompatible with WSL. Seeing you run WSL on a Windows machine to also run Linux, why not just use the Windows version of RW vs trying to run the Linux version via WSL?

• Rising World Standalone Universal (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone Linux (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone MacOS (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone Windows (Jan 23rd 2020)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I'm not sure if it's even possible to run RW via WSL :wat: This stacktrace, however, indicates that a wrong Java version is installed. Please make sure that Java 8 is installed.

• I'm guessing the Linux version of RW is incompatible with WSL. Seeing you run WSL on a Windows machine to also run Linux, why not just use the Windows version of RW vs trying to run the Linux version via WSL?

• Rising World Standalone Universal (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone Linux (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone MacOS (Jan 23rd 2020)
    • Rising World Standalone Windows (Jan 23rd 2020)

Windows 10 doesn't support my old graphics card, but Linux does, so I thought I might try to run RW in WSL. However, I might just have to buy a new graphics card or a new computer. :thinking:

• I'm not sure if it's even possible to run RW via WSL :wat: This stacktrace, however, indicates that a wrong Java version is installed. Please make sure that Java 8 is installed.

You might be right that it isn't possible... I'll try updating the java version though, and see if that helps. Who knows? Maybe we'll discover something new :)

• Oh, unfortunately the Intel HD Graphics 3000 is not supported :( The old Intel drivers for the HD 3000 had broken OpenGL support (which in most cases prevents the game from starting at all), but even in terms of performance, the HD 3000 isn't sufficient... :/

• Oh, unfortunately the Intel HD Graphics 3000 is not supported :( The old Intel drivers for the HD 3000 had broken OpenGL support (which in most cases prevents the game from starting at all), but even in terms of performance, the HD 3000 isn't sufficient... :/

I've heard that Linux supports HD 3000, but Windows 10 does not. Is that true to your knowledge?

• I've heard that Linux supports HD 3000, but Windows 10 does not. Is that true to your knowledge?

AFAIK Intel does not offer official Windows 10 drivers for the Intel HD 3000, can't say much about Linux though :thinking: However, RW definitely does not support the Intel HD 3000 unfortunately :|

• AFAIK Intel does not offer official Windows 10 drivers for the Intel HD 3000, can't say much about Linux though :thinking: However, RW definitely does not support the Intel HD 3000 unfortunately :|

Hrm... well I saw a dirt cheap GPU on ebay. Maybe I can upgrade.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!