My in-the-meantime-project until the new version is available

• Many of you are wondering if its worth to play Rising World, investing tons of time and efforts, if in a few weeks/months the new version arrives and we have to start from scrap.

My answer to this is: yes, of course!

The old version will still be playable, so we can dive into this world whenever we like. And we can transfer blueprints (no objects though) from the old to the new Rising World. Thats something! And it shows that whatever we create now we can add to the new version, without having to build it again from scrap.

But i personally see it, for myself, a bit different. After around 1500 hours playing i still (sometimes) feel like a n00b. Therefore i enjoy building something and then do it again but better. Thats why i started another project in my world "Hollyworld" (named after my cute dog). This project is luring for a long time in my mind but i didn´t dare to begin it. and to be honest im far from happy or satisfied with it. Thats actually why i started it - to learn how to realize it and see where i can do it better in the new version with (hopefully) better mountain generation. Mostly due to the view distance restrictions we have currently its killing the immersion when you stand on one end and see the sky through the mountain walls on the other end.

he idea was to build a dwarven mountain fortress. But not just using one mountain and then digging deep but more using a mountain range, blueprinting some part of it and adding it on top of the existing mountain range. Then use terraforming tools to smooth it a bit and inside create several housing areas, bridges, roads, walls, etc.

I am not done with it by far and im not sure ill be "done" with it when the new version arrives. But as i said, i see this as an opportunity to learn and improve. Maybe some of you, who ask themselves above question, could get motivated to start their own in-the-meantime-project.

These are some pictures from the outside, so you can get an impression how its looking to stack a mountain on another one:

A view on the map (not yet updated, but its that mountain range):

Some pictures from the inside, mostly bridges between caved out and soon-to-be-housing areas:

This here is the backside of a huge wall in the middle of the giant cave beneath the mountain i placed on top of the other. Its there to prevent that you see the sky when standing at the entrance of the dwarven mountain range (view distance limitations) but also to protect the area meant for the dwarven king.

• More pictures from the dwarven king area:

And last but not least the current state of the project - the bank/treasury:

Ill add some more pictures over time.

Note that all of this was done in creative mode. I enjoy survival and have built similar things in the past in survival (see here from a long time ago on ArcticuKitsu server:

But i do like to play creative too, especially when i don´t have that much time and just want to live out my ideas for this world.

I hope you enjoyed this tour. id be happy to read some of your comments and ideas :)

• Thank you all, im glad for your positive feedback :)

Yes, i also like the light in this cave at night. Unfortunately the game (yet) doesn´t recognize its a cave but still thinks its the surface. Meaning when its day, its bright sunlight, when its raining... its raining. I hope this will change in the new version.

• Guten Morgen,

hier ein paar Bilder von dem "Steinernen Teller", der klassischen Zwergengaststätte (Tagesangebot: Steinofenpizza)

Good Morning,

here a few pictures of the "Stone Plate", a classical dwarven restaurant (Daily offer: Stone oven pizza)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!