Hard crash when only one display is on (having unusual resolution)

• Unity fails (as usually) to detect my maximum resolution so I usually disable my smaller displays so it has no choice but to start on my "bigger" main.

This results in a hard segmentation fault in libvulkan_radeon.so

It works when my other displays are on.

See attached logs. Prev is the working example.

Edith says: Ah hell, got the wrong forum again. Mod please move!

• red51

Added the Label English
  • Thanks for the logs! It looks like Unity tries to run the game with resolution 0x0 :wat: It's difficult to say what's going on there... unfortunately the Linux version of Unity is suffering from lots of issues when it comes to the HDRP...

Unfortunately this crash happens before the game is actually launched, to changing the config wouldn't help, but one thing you could try: Instead of disabling the smaller monitor, please try to launch the game with the command line argument -monitor 1 and see if it works better then.

• I'm glad to hear that! :) Setting it as Steam launch option should work too. Unfortunately we have no better solution for this atm (we also have a way to change the monitor within the game, but according to the log, Unity seemed to crash way earlier) :|

However, we'll still try to reproduce this issue in order to be able to report it to Unity ;)

• gl. First Unity game I get this :)

Thanks ;) The main issue is that we're using the new HDRP (which is meant to replace Unitys old built-in renderer), but unfortunately it still has a lot of issues with Linux... AFAIK there is no other Linux Unity game out there which does already use the HDRP (but I'm not sure about that) :thinking:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!