Hi Shadow204 here,
I just want to give my feedback as well. I am from germany but since there is no activity in the german formum, I just want to poste my feedback here.
I am sorry for potential mistakes...
Positive things first
- All the new textures are AWESOME
- The new light system it's great! Moving shadows and flickering illumination, as well as the particles
- Everything related to gras
- the wind effects. It feels so alive!
- the new tree bark. It just has more depth than the old flat texture
- a bunch of settings-options
- physical breaking particle
Room for improvements / bugs
- Since particles get rotated to your view, you can see them partly through blocks etc. (see the chimney in the hut)
- torches seems to miss the flickering light
- the tree texture is one of my main critic points. Imo is there too much brown/ not enough green. The tree itself feels too dark and the leaves are to small
- saving problems (?) The bottles behind the hut disappeared after returning to the main menu once and reload
- In the menu "Settings" you are able to select multiple things if you select one thing, exit with [Esc] to the game and then go back to the menu (see image "riw_ui_selection"resources)
- glowing lower half of the sky texture without stars, it looks odd
- 3D objects seems to have black lined boarders
- I can't zoom while sitting on a chair
- breaking boulders return no resources
- trees rotate too much (for my feelings) if you chop them down
- mining sound and particle for dirt
- (again) nearly invisible saplings when in gras
I am really happy with what I can see so far, and I am excited to see, what else you will create.