Feedback

• Hi Shadow204 here,

I just want to give my feedback as well. I am from germany but since there is no activity in the german formum, I just want to poste my feedback here.

I am sorry for potential mistakes...

Positive things first

• All the new textures are AWESOME
    • The new light system it's great! Moving shadows and flickering illumination, as well as the particles
    • Everything related to gras
    • the wind effects. It feels so alive!
    • the new tree bark. It just has more depth than the old flat texture
    • a bunch of settings-options
    • physical breaking particle

Room for improvements / bugs

• Since particles get rotated to your view, you can see them partly through blocks etc. (see the chimney in the hut)
    • torches seems to miss the flickering light
    • the tree texture is one of my main critic points. Imo is there too much brown/ not enough green. The tree itself feels too dark and the leaves are to small
    • saving problems (?) The bottles behind the hut disappeared after returning to the main menu once and reload
    • In the menu "Settings" you are able to select multiple things if you select one thing, exit with [Esc] to the game and then go back to the menu (see image "riw_ui_selection"resources)
    • glowing lower half of the sky texture without stars, it looks odd
    • 3D objects seems to have black lined boarders
    • I can't zoom while sitting on a chair
    • breaking boulders return no resources
    • trees rotate too much (for my feelings) if you chop them down
    • mining sound and particle for dirt
    • (again) nearly invisible saplings when in gras

I am really happy with what I can see so far, and I am excited to see, what else you will create.

Shadow204

• Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

Since particles get rotated to your view, you can see them partly through blocks etc. (see the chimney in the hut)

Yeah that's indeed still an issue in the demo, but that will be mostly fixed once the building system is available (yes, that's indeed related to the building system, or more precisely, construction elements) ^^

torches seems to miss the flickering light

Flickering lights would look great on torches, however, in fact there was a reason why we made them a bit more static: We're caching the shadow maps of the torches, so we only have to update them every few seconds (which saves performance). But if a light has this flickering effect, we still need to update the shadows every frame (otherwise shadows move jerkily).

We decided that this effect still makes sense on large fires, like the campfire, fireplace or bonfire. Usually people won't place too many of these objects at the same location, but usually they place lots of torches in their world ^^

the tree texture is one of my main critic points. Imo is there too much brown/ not enough green. The tree itself feels too dark and the leaves are to small

Thanks for the feedback, there is indeed some room for improvements when it comes to this particular tree model.

saving problems (?) The bottles behind the hut disappeared after returning to the main menu once and reload

Yeah that's unfortunately caused by the way how items are currently placed in the world. Actually this feature isn't fully implemented yet, so the items only spawn once in the demo.

This will be "fixed" once the item placing feature is actually implemented ;)

In the menu "Settings" you are able to select multiple things if you select one thing, exit with [Esc] to the game and then go back to the menu (see image "riw_ui_selection"resources)

Oh, thanks for letting us know, we will fix that! :wat:

3D objects seems to have black lined boarders

Hmm... could you maybe post a screenshot of that? You can also use the built-in report tool for that (which attaches a screenshot automatically) - just look at an object which has this issue and type "report" into console ;)

I can't zoom while sitting on a chair

Unfortunately zooming is part of the "player movement" (not sure anymore if that even makes sense) which gets disabled when a player interacts with an object (like sitting on a chair)... maybe we will refactor this part!

breaking boulders return no resources

Yes, that's unfortunately not implemented yet (so more or less, it's a limitation of the demo)

trees rotate too much (for my feelings) if you chop them down

We'll try to reduce their angular velocity a bit ;) It's a bit tricky to find a good balance without constraining the physical element too much^^

(again) nearly invisible saplings when in gras

Yeah, that's still on our todo-list ;)

• This is the object, where I can see the lines the most. There are other cases like the Lanterns in the mine but there, the lines are barely visible.

• This is the object, where I can see the lines the most. There are other cases like the Lanterns in the mine but there, the lines are barely visible.

Thanks for the screenshot! Indeed there are small lines, although I have to admit that I barely notice them ^^ It looks like the uv mapping isn't perfect, we'll take a look at the brazier (and the lanterns)!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!