Connection Timeout

• Hmm... does that mean you have to connect 6 times to a server to not get a timeout, or do the first 6 clients who connect to a server (or the first 6 incoming connections) always get a timeout? The new version solely uses UDP (which is a connection-less protocol), so if you get a timeout, this means that the server (or the client) did not receive any responses from the client (or the server) for a given amount of time. I just tried to join your server and I didn't got a timeout, but depending on when the timeouts happen exactly, this may not be representative :thinking:

It would be interesting to know if this is a clientside issue (this would be the case if you get the timeout on other servers as well - e.g. when you try to connect to our test server), or a serverside issue (i.e. the first 6 incoming connections always get a timeout). Maybe you could send me a server log? And maybe a client log (or report) would also be helpful. So perhaps you could try to join your server (in order to get a timeout), send just type "report" into console, and maybe also send me a server log via PM (or upload it in this post) :)

• Hi red51

I think we can chalk this up to the unknown.

I power cycled all my networking equipment and servers - problem still there
    Did stuff like netsh int ip reset / netsh winsock reset - problem still there

Upgraded firmwares - problem still there

Networking tests all came back fine. My networks are all working as expected.

interesting to know if this is a clientside issue (this would be the case if you get the timeout on other servers as well

Tried to log into another server, your test one I believe. All fine and no timeout.

This is when it got weird :crazy:

I then logged back into the MR server straight afterwards and the timeouts stopped.

.......... :wat:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• That's weird :wat: Does that mean you no longer run into timeouts after joining the test server once? :thinking:

If you still encounter this issue again, maybe send us a client log, or alternatively send a report (by typing "report" into console) ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!