possable security issue?

• i have area protection setup and working, someone a griefer managed to destroy a bunch of stuff. then i was gewtting some weird crm orm stuff popping up in the logs hasnt happen since i restarted the server. just not sure what to make of it. issue is at the bottom.2021-12-08-04-52-44.log

The player that did it is a known griefer & potential hacker. I recognize the IP address & SteamID64 from when I had my server going.

Gopher

Edited once, last by red51: Removed IP address and name of the player in question ().

• Does that mean he was able to destroy something inside a protected area? :wat: According to the log, most elements were destroyed using the creative mode removal tools (F7).

The incoming CRM and ORM packets are harmless, these packets are part of the creative mode removal tools... There is an exception in the log though regarding undo handling, that seems to be a bug (but that bug isn't related to this issue).

• james1bow i already build a little log house on your server and im acutally waited for a admin to protect it

This one.

oh ok, ill get on and find it. ive been busy latly. family just got over covid a death in the family now my father in law just had a stroke. when it rains it pours

edit* got it protected. will have to find you on sometime. more than welcome to join the discord https://discord.gg/6znXFhbB

• Does that mean he was able to destroy something inside a protected area? :wat: According to the log, most elements were destroyed using the creative mode removal tools (F7).

The incoming CRM and ORM packets are harmless, these packets are part of the creative mode removal tools... There is an exception in the log though regarding undo handling, that seems to be a bug (but that bug isn't related to this issue).

yes he was able to destroy things, ill look into my permissions again. i went threw them a few times trying to figure out how he had done it but couldnt figure anything out. he should not have even been able to use creative tools.

edit* i can confirm he was able to brake things in a protected area and no one else even admin can not

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!