Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

I got Rising World Dedicated Server Legacy version running

But running the RW program I cannot see it thru multiplayer.

Is there something I need to do?

• Server running - I did IP address - no such luck.

Could it be the commercial server I'm paying for is always on there, and my home computer Dedicated Server can not be on there with the commercial server?

I'm just guessing. It's two different addresses - but maybe?

My payed for server address: 136.243.194.225:4255

• If you want to set up a dedicated server, this topic provides more information: Dedicated Server Setup [Java Version]

If the server is running on your local machine (i.e. behind a router), it's usually necessary to forward the required ports (serverport - 1 to serverport + 4, so when using the default port 4255, for example, you have to forward 4254, 4255, 4256, 4257, 4258 and 4259 TCP and UDP).

If you want it to show up in the server list, also make sure to change the server name ("server_name" in the server.properties file), otherwise it won't show up there if it's still using the default name.

PS: According to the screenshot, only a 32 bit Java VM is installed on your machine. I'd recommend to install a 64 bit Java VM instead (32 bit JVM isn't officially supported) ;)

Could it be the commercial server I'm paying for is always on there, and my home computer Dedicated Server can not be on there with the commercial server?

If the other server is running on a different machine, it's not related to your home server. Only if you run more than one instances of the server on the same machine, you have to make sure to use different ports.

• PS: According to the screenshot, only a 32 bit Java VM is installed on your machine. I'd recommend to install a 64 bit Java VM instead (32 bit JVM isn't officially supported) ;)

Java 1.8.0_321 x86) is supposed to be 64bit

If the server is running on your local machine (i.e. behind a router), it's usually necessary to forward the required ports (serverport - 1 to serverport + 4, so when using the default port 4255, for example, you have to forward 4254, 4255, 4256, 4257, 4258 and 4259 TCP and UDP).

I have RW dedicated server unity set up and it's running fine.

I just want to set up dedicated server Java - The server is running -

It is not showing up to join in the Multiplayer screen.

Do you have to set up the modem different than RW dedicated Server unity?

• Java 1.8.0_321 x86) is supposed to be 64bit

x86 actually refers to the 32 bit version ;) Unless you're using a 32 bit OS, this indicates that the 32 bit Java version is currently in use. The 64 bit version is typically indicated by "x86-64" or "amd64".

I have RW dedicated server unity set up and it's running fine.

I just want to set up dedicated server Java - The server is running -

It is not showing up to join in the Multiplayer screen.

Do you have to set up the modem different than RW dedicated Server unity?

Server setup for the Java version is indeed a bit different to the setup for the new version, however, the topic I've linked above specifically refers to the Java version.

You can check if port forwarding was successful on this site btw: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ (make sure the server is running when checking the individual ports)

As mentioned by sharkbitefischer, make sure no other process on your machine is already using the ports in question. If the Unity server is already running on port 4255, you cannot run the Java server on the same port simultaneously.

If the server still doesn't work, please post the latest server log (which can be found in the "logs" folder in the server directory) and maybe also the server.properties file here (alternatively you can send it via PM to me) ^^

• Thanks for the log! ;) The server starts properly (and according to the log, no other process is using the ports at that time), so it must be either related to the port forwarding not working correctly, or maybe a firewall / antivirus program is blocking the server.

While the server is running, please check if the ports (4254-4259) are open on this site: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

If the ports are open according to that website, the issue is most likely caused by a firewall or antivirus program (even the built-in Windows firewall could already cause such issues).

• This indicates that there is probably a firewall or antivirus program which blocks the Java server. If you don't run any additional firewalls / av programs on your computer, you should have a look at the Windows firewall / defender.

If the site says that the ports are closed, this isn't directly related to the server, or more precisely, the server has no control over this - there must be an external factor which causes this issue (as mentioned, most likely a firewall or antivirus program).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!