Quickslot/hotbar opacity

• Will there be an option to set the background opacity of the quickslot/hotbar (or is it there already and I just missed it?). There's a rake in slot 5 in this screenshot but it's incredibly difficult to see.

• The rake is indeed very difficult to see in this case :thinking: Unfortunately you can't change the color or opacity of the quickslots atm, but you can change their size (in settings -> miscellaneous -> "HUD: Quickslot Size" under "General") - but I guess that will only slightly improve the situation in this case...

We could add an option to increase the opacity of the quickslots with the next update, but I guess some item icons (like the rake icon) could also use a small overhaul ^^

• The rake is indeed very difficult to see in this case :thinking: Unfortunately you can't change the color or opacity of the quickslots atm, but you can change their size (in settings -> miscellaneous -> "HUD: Quickslot Size" under "General") - but I guess that will only slightly improve the situation in this case...

We could add an option to increase the opacity of the quickslots with the next update, but I guess some item icons (like the rake icon) could also use a small overhaul ^^

Yeah, an opacity option would be ideal... a simple opaque/translucent option would be easiest I guess but then what color background to use?! Maybe it would be easier if the icon images had a fixed background color rather than having an alpha channel?

• Yeah, an opacity option would be ideal... a simple opaque/translucent option would be easiest I guess but then what color background to use?! Maybe it would be easier if the icon images had a fixed background color rather than having an alpha channel?

Well, currently they have a transparent dark grey background color. Having a fully opaque color didn't provide satisfying results unfortunately... :/

I think it's a good idea if we increase the opacity a bit with the next update ^^ We will also add a setting to change the opacity (but I'm not sure if this setting will be exposed to the settings menu [which is already quite bloated], or if it will only be accessible through the config.properties file for now).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!