Suggestion: quickslot/hotbar and 'active item'

• At the risk of spamming the forum with suggestions (:)), is there any point in showing the 'active item' at top right if the quickslot bar is set to permanently visible (ie not autohide) as there's already an indicator on the bar itself so it's just duplication? Or is there some other case I'm missing where it's necessary/useful?

• At the risk of spamming the forum with suggestions ( :) ),

Hehe, don't worry, we definitely appreciate every suggestion we get! :):thumbup:

is there any point in showing the 'active item' at top right if the quickslot bar is set to permanently visible (ie not autohide) as there's already an indicator on the bar itself so it's just duplication?

Basically the 'active item' indeed does not show any additional information, so if the quickslots are always visible, it's indeed a duplication :D However, there is still a use case for it: The new version allows you to equip any item from your inventory directly (either by pressing the mouse wheel while hovering an item, or by rightclicking on it -> equip), so the currently equipped item isn't necessarily in the quickslots^^ The 'active item' in the top right corner is the only way to see the item in this case.

Other than that, I'm not sure if it's really useful at all (at least if quickslots are set to permanently visible)... but there is a setting to hide the 'active item' - it's "HUD: Show Selected Item" in the Misc settings :)

• However, there is still a use case for it: The new version allows you to equip any item from your inventory directly (either by pressing the mouse wheel while hovering an item, or by rightclicking on it -> equip), so the currently equipped item isn't necessarily in the quickslots^^ The 'active item' in the top right corner is the only way to see the item in this case.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Other than that, I'm not sure if it's really useful at all (at least if quickslots are set to permanently visible)... but there is a setting to hide the 'active item' - it's "HUD: Show Selected Item" in the Misc settings :)

...and I hadn't spotted that either :D Ooops

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!