Help - my blueprints are off by a smidge

• Seeking help from the skilled rising world building experts out there. My blueprint placement is off and I can't figure out the setting that's causing it.

I've embellished the corner of a 1x1x1 sandstone block with many smaller bricks. I'm trying to place the blueprint of it at various 90 degree angles to embellish a window.

Bluepring Placement settings: Move Precision = 1; Scale Precision = 1; Rotation Precision 90; Rotation Mode = Default; Collisions = On.

Just starting, the placement is already off by .5

I try to use modular snapping, but the snap handles are over a block away.

Even if I manually move it around to place it, the sandstone block is still off by a smidge.

I'm guessing the blueprint is using the smaller bricks as the handle/guidelines for placement, but I can't figure out how to change the point of reference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kess

• Hi Kesselia

you can try and decrease the movement of the blueprint by going into the radical menu.

With your blueprint in hand "press and hold C" and under the tab "move precision" change the setting to 0.001, once done press right shit to enter manual positioning and with the arrow keys move the blueprint into position. also for me i turn off the grid i find that can help too, but thats just me

Hope this will help you:thumbup:

• Thanks. I tried that, but the Move Precision doesn't change no matter the setting. It always moves 1.0.

I'm wondering if I have my keymaps messed up. I have to change many because I'm left-handed, so maybe I've got something double-assigned? Experimenting....

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• Thanks. I had to experiment with your instructions (they weren't working at first) to discover my keymaps are/were messed up. I have to change many because I'm left-handed. I had something double-assigned, but even after fixing that, it's not quite there. And even if it were, it's hard to align things exactly / can't see the corners with the glowing edges of the blueprint.

Is it possible my settings (move precision, etc) were wonky when I *took* the blueprint that causes the offset when copying? e.g. Does "placement" if the whole construction being blueprinted copy into the blueprint, as opposed to just the construction elements being copied?

I wonder why the modular snapping is so far off on this one blueprint and not the others? I've blue-printed it twice from different directions to try to change the handle, but it came out the same.

Thoughts anyone?

• you can turn off the blue outline with the blueprints this is under : Miscellaneous / BluePrints / Visualize Bounds - on or off

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!