[SCRIPT] World Edit

• A good server admin does create backups before upgrading. A better server admin set up frequent backups, too. However, with the new HTTP method, I surely could see a central repository of serialized data... however such feature is really not ready to get implemented, yet.

Edit: a crazy idea would be to add an undo feature...

As a player you never know if you play on a server with a "good" server admin. But if they use this script you are able to save your work as a file. If then something happens you could maybe could upload your file on another server then asking a admin there to enable it and all is fine. If you think it into the future you could even say "Hey, this is my blueprint, place it here..." and then you can start gathering ressources and it will be build if you collected all stuff.

• As a player you never know if you play on a server with a "good" server admin. But if they use this script you are able to save your work as a file. If then something happens you could maybe could upload your file on another server then asking a admin there to enable it and all is fine. If you think it into the future you could even say "Hey, this is my blueprint, place it here..." and then you can start gathering ressources and it will be build if you collected all stuff.

All scripts are executed on the server, not the client. Which means that you even if you save your construction to file, that will will be on the remote server, and not on your computer. This also applies to "importing" some data; you cannot import data from your computer; imported data are loaded from the remote server's hard drive. Would it be any other way, this would be a terrible... terrible backdoor. The only option, as I said, is if serialized constructions are uploaded and saved on a central, public, repository. But, then again, I would strongly advise making this feature yet, as there are security concerns that needs to be addressed first. The golden rule is simple, never trust anything that you download from the Internet, unless you have reasonable reasons to believe it is safe; nothing is 100% safe. And this is no paranoia, this is by experience and by professional wisdom :)

• I know the script are serversided ;). That's the tricky thing, but i like your idea. yep it is not that easy, it was just a suggestion for a coder who is interested into it. I still believe the blueprint feature will come as core mechanic at some point to the game.

• I have a problem. The script does not work on my server.

[LUA]Script "World Edit" loaded. Author: LordFoobar Team:
    06/11/2015 06:48 PM server.Main
    SEVERE: Fatal error occurred!
    org.luaj.vm2.LuaError: @/mnt/scripts/world-edit/worldedit.lua:9 load /mnt/scripts/world-edit/i18n/i18n.lua: org.luaj.vm2.LuaError: load @/mnt/scripts/world-edit/i18n/i18n.lua: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaValue.error(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.Globals.loadfile(Unknown Source)
    at lua.GlobalFunctions$include.call(SourceFile:106)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.call(Unknown Source)
    at lua.LuaScript.<init>(SourceFile:86)
    at lua.ScriptManager.loadScripts(SourceFile:35)
    at server.Main.c(SourceFile:337)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:187)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:82)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:84)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:127)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Stopping 7 kernel adapters...

Can someone help me?

• Well, yes, you are missing the dependencies. Read the installation steps again. Pay attention to the file tree structure further down. If you know Git, cloning is by far the easiest option. There will be easier ways to install scripts later.

• The other files are missing you only installed part of the script if you read the readme file its tells you what to do

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I used Git to install this script, and all files appear to be in place. That being said, I still cannot use it in game. I just get an error that the command does not exist. Any suggestions?

• I used Git to install this script, and all files appear to be in place. That being said, I still cannot use it in game. I just get an error that the command does not exist. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that you have problem with Git. It seems that the i18n module is not present (i.e. the ./i18n/i18n.lua script is missing). You can try to fix the missing deps by running git submodule update --init --recursive inside world-edit's folder.

You may also get the archive available here.

• Sorry to hear that you have problem with Git. It seems that the i18n module is not present (i.e. the ./i18n/i18n.lua script is missing). You can try to fix the missing deps by running git submodule update --init --recursive inside world-edit's folder.

You may also get the archive available here.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did verify that all files were in place first; however, I tried running the Git command you gave me and the game crashed on load. I then tried installing manually from the link you gave me, and it started, but now reads "command not found" when trying to issue a command.

Is there something else I need to do before using scripts?

• Thanks for the suggestion. I did verify that all files were in place first; however, I tried running the Git command you gave me and the game crashed on load. I then tried installing manually from the link you gave me, and it started, but now reads "command not found" when trying to issue a command.

Is there something else I need to do before using scripts?

The "command not found" message isn't part of world-edit, but areapro (area protection). If you type /we select you should see a yellow label appearing at the bottom left of the screen, informing you that you're in selection mode. If you are running a server, you can read the log file screenlog.0. If you are running the script in single player, open the config.properties file and set game_debug_console=true to see if there is an error (and if the script is actually loading). The script is being used on just about every server out there, and I have not ran into any problem with it myself... so I don't know what's going on otherwise.

Good luck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!