How will World generation work and will it be possible to replicate earth's topography?

• depending on how well the unity sdk works with the api i could see it being possible. I have seen some nice unity terrain generation using google maps data. as for it being an in game default of some sort would require alot of work to redo the terrain generation. the java api includes some terrain stuff so i would think it would be for unity at some point as well.

• I would truly love this feature. Rising World is not just a game, but a tool. As a novelist, I've been using Rising World for years to create settings. It's easier to imagine the scene accurately if I can "see" and "walk around" in it. Rising World has been extremely helpful in this. I've got a traveling/adventure novel series based on a real landscape that I cannot easily visit, and google satellite maps can only do so much. I wrote over a whole book's worth of material before I got the chance to visit the place again. I found I was so wrong about how far you can see from one mountaintop to another and I had to trash half of my material and start again. I tried to recreate the map in Rising World, but even in creative mode, it took up way too much time trying to re-create a whole countryside.

Even as a game, I'd love the challenge to build Machu Picchu, or Lombard Street, or the Potala Palace. And exploring would be amazing! ... I've never been to Europe and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to go irl. Even without the cities, people, and architecture, (which are the best parts) it would still be fun to stand on the Rock of Gibraltar, climb Vesuvius, build Rome, and go on a pre-history survival adventure along the length of the Danube like in Clan of the Cave Bear.

I know this is a lofty dream to have this feature added, but I am putting in my vote of how awesome and helpful it would be for when the developers decide if/when to work on it.

Cheers.

• Earth's topography spans a vast range of scales, from mountain ranges to small hills and valleys. The level of detail achievable in replicating Earth's topography would depend on the scale and resolution of the data used and the capabilities of the world generation system.Generating a realistic representation of Earth's topography can be computationally intensive, especially for large areas or highly detailed terrains. Sufficient computational power and resources are necessary to process and render the terrain efficiently.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!