massive latency on high ping servers

• I have been getting crazy long delays for actions on servers with >300 ping. I am talking 10-30 seconds at times. Other times it will randomly work fine and give me a <1s delay on the same server with the same ping doing the same activity. On the java version it was never anything like this. Any idea what might cause it?

I can swing my pickaxe at a whole row of 10 or 20 blocks, go stand back for 10 seconds, and then watch the whole row implode. If I am raking a path I can rake 10s of meters of path and then watch it eventually take effect many seconds later. Same goes for opening chests, chopping trees.

• Well, if the Ping is that high its a matter of the server connection, not the game i guess. Might be that the server is on the other side of the world maybe. Better look for a server with low Ping

• Well, if the Ping is that high its a matter of the server connection, not the game i guess. Might be that the server is on the other side of the world maybe. Better look for a server with low Ping

Yes but on the java version I played on the same server with the same ping and had minimal latency. So I am no IT expert, but I feel like the same ping is much less tolerable than it was previously.

• it can´t be the "same" server. Maybe the name and the owner are the same but still its a different one. Owner might have chosen another provider or hosted it on another machine. Also Unity version definitely is more ressource hungry than Java version. Red said there will be more optimization.

Make some experiments with other servers that have a lower Ping.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!