Operating system
    Windows

Trying to start the dedicated but gets this error

-Errorlog-

Rising World - 0.9.6 - Dedicated Server

Windows Server 2019 10.0 Java 17.0.6 (amd64) Memory: 2147 MB

2023/02/19 03:20 PM

RW SERVER: Fatal error occurred!

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: Biomemaps are not initialized!

at commons.world.j.a(SourceFile:162)

at server.e.b(SourceFile:1185)

at server.e.a(SourceFile:1143)

at server.Main.d(SourceFile:435)

at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:271)

at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:242)

at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:87)

at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:130)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

• he might want to uninstall java 17 also, if using windows, or he might still have problems unless he is using a linux build. Then it might just work like it does for me. I have java 8jre, 11jdk, and 17jdk install in debian 11 and it works just fine without any tweeks. There is an option to select java versions in linux, am not shure of windows.

• Hmm, Just installed that runtime last week to get Paper Minecraft server up and running which required version 17 of Java. Used a Microsoft Java for it. Running Windows Server 2019, not sure if I dare to eff about trying to install another java.

• you can have multiple java installed on windows but you have to append a start program and I can't remember what it is. red51 told me about it for another machine I was having the same problems with. Hey red51 do you remember how to direct the server to the proper java version? It was something appended in the win_startscript.bat.bat file I believe. the line that needs to be change should look something like

"c:\Program Files\java\jre1.8.0_341\bin\java.exe" -xmx%mem% -jar server.jar

it could be in Program Files (x86) look for it. If it is you probably installed the 32 bit version and should remove and install the 64 bit version if you run a 64 bit rig. I just made this mistake myself on a new comp with win 11 on it.

341 should be replaced by your java version number and the drive letter changed to where you install java.

after that the server started working. Just install the newest java 8 jre and replace the version number there

I am not sure about youe win server 2019 but it should work. you can always get the java removal tool from there web site to remove older versions of java but as I said it should work. The problem is when you update java 8 you will have to change the version number in the .bat file by hand.

• You can indeed have multiple versions of Java installed ;) If you don't want it to interfere with Java 17, you don't even have to "install" java 8, it's sufficient to just download a Java 8 JRE or JDK zip and extract it somewhere, then use it to launch the server (more precisely, use the "java.exe" in the "bin" subfolder), i.e. "<path-to-jre>/bin/java.exe" -jar server.jar

Alternatively you can update the "win_startscript.bat" directly (and use it then to run the server), as mentioned by sharkbitefischer ^^ Just open it with a text editor and change line 7 (which starts with "java -Xmx..."). For example, if you extract Java 8 to "C:\Program Files\Java 8\", the line in the win_startscript.bat should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Java 8\bin\java.exe" -Xmx%mem%m -jar server.jar

Here you can download Java 8 as zip (look for operating system Windows, architecture x64, package type JRE and version 8, then download the JRE zip): https://adoptium.net/temurin/releases/?version=8

Or use this direct download link: https://github.com/adoptium/te…dows_hotspot_8u362b09.zip

• Oh perfect! I was planning on trying just that later this week :D (but in all honestly didn't think it would work) Now it sounds positive, haven't played RisingWorld for a couple of years now so always fun to see whats happened ^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!