finally the new update is available! As already mentioned in the previous news, this update mainly introduces the extended construction system. Currently only wooden planks are available as construction element, but more will follow shortly.
Since the extended construction system has a lot of functions, we introduced a new help overview for this which can be accessed ingame by pressing F1. This new help is currently available when placing constructions or objects. We want to expand it for everything else in the game, so that F1 becomes an universal help key.
Apart from the new construction system, we have a small suprise: Grass is now no longer visible through objects, items and trees. This feature can be disabled of course, since it does not come for free in terms of performance.
Another aspect of this update is a new object: A simple shelter, made out of sticks and leaves, serving as a sleeping place. A workbench is not required to craft it, so you should definitely be able to craft it before nightfall.
Last but not least this update contains as usual some minor changes and obligatory bugfixes.
- [New] Extended Construction System
- [New] Grass is no longer visible through objects, items and trees (can be enabled/disabled in options, labeled as "Gras Masking")
- [New] New object: Shelter
- [New] When converting an old world, a backup of this world is created. Can be disabled in the config
- [Change] Now you only need 1 stone to create a block (instead of 2 stones)
- [Change] Removed slope blocktypes. When loading the world for the first time, you receive stome as a compensation for the removed slopes
- [Change] Removed planks and boards as resource for crafting, replaced now by "lumber"
- [Change] Objects can now be stacked in your inventory
- [Change] Changed default key for flying, it's now F2
- [Change] Disabled specular lighting for objects, since they became too bright when several lightsources were nearby
- [Change] Improved collision shape generation (slightly better performance)
- [Change] Game pauses now when it loses the focus
- [Change] Updated functionality of object selector
- [Change] Changed some recipes and updated a few categories
- [Bugfix] Fixed some problems with aiming at objects or items
- [Bugfix] Fixed ugly "black borders" on vegetations when SSAO is enabled
- [Bugfix] Fixed bug concerning collisions that won't be removed on minimum view distance
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong rotationsteps for objects placement preview