Animals get stuck in blocks

• Animals keep getting stuck in my plaza stone. This is the third herd to get stuck in this same spot. Before it was cows, then sheep, now goats (so I know it's not the animal type.) I picked away the blocks to set them free, but they walk a step and get stuck again. The area is 2 blocks high of stone with a half block step around it. They always get stuck near the step. I've now replaced that area with a different type of material, this time marble, to see if I get the same result.

Any advice?

• They get stuck inside the blocks. Oftentimes they flicker in their attempt to pick up their feet and walk farther. I have managed to destroy the blocks so they can walk another step, but they just get stuck in the next one.

I've done a few adjustments to nail this error down. My guess is that they can't get up the half-block step I had, but I can't confirm that yet. I've replaced the half-step with a stair-shaped block, and no one has gotten stuck on the plaza top yet, but I can't confirm anyone has wandered by to try. I tried to herd them towards the plaza by shooting the gun to get them to run, but I guess I'm not much of a cowboy as I can't get them to run in the direction I want. :nerd:

Another hint seeps that these cows walked through a full block set into the ground, but these *don't* get stuck. It was only they when they were on top of my plaza.

I've built a little test plaza in a place they like to congregate and will watch and see what I can figure out. More soon.

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!